Enjoy your meal, For it may be your last!

The afternoon was warm up on the mountain where the Kamado family lived. The eldest child, Tanjiro, had just come back from selling charcoal in a town down the mountain. Tanjiro was a kindhearted young man who loved his family more than life itself.

He had red eyes and short burgundy hair, along with hanafuda earrings from his (late) father. He wore a green and black checkered haori, with a white shirt underneath.

Upon Tanjiro's arrival, his siblings ran to greet him. He smiled warmly, watching them approach.

"Oni-chan is back! Oni-chan is back!" His sister Hanako said in delight as she and Shigeru (his little brother) tackled him to the floor in a hug. Both of them overwhelmed Tanjiro with questions about what he did down the mountain.

He tried his best to answer their questions and unpack the basket from his back at the sametime, listening to their voices after a long day was one of the many things Tanjiro loved about being the oldest.

Another one of Tanjiro's siblings named Takeo came from out the tool shed and grabbed Hanako, trying to shake her off Tanjiro

"Get off him, Hanako! He won't be able to breathe." Takeo said, who was now pulling on Shigeru aswell. He was honestly jealous that he wasn't the one to greet Tanjiro first.

Tanjiro himself honestly didn't mind the affection from his siblings, this was his life after all. "Takeo it's alright! Though I see you're about to chop wood, would you like some help?" He said taking notice of the hatchet Takeo was carrying around his waist.

Takeo's eyes lit up at the chance to spend time with his older brother. He turned his head trying to be cool and mumbled a soft "Hmph! Yeah.. Whatever"

A young girl came out of the house carrying a basket of herbs. She had soft pink eyes, long black hair tied in a traditional bun covered by a scarf.

"Tanjiro! You're back from town, how was it?" Tanjiro dusted his little siblings off and went to greet her. This was the second-eldest child, Nezuko.

"Hello Nezuko. I made lots of money for us!" Tanjiro held up a pouch of coins proudly for everyone to see and smiled victoriously. "This way we'll have a big feast tonight"

Takeo, Shigeru, and Hanako's eyes sparkled at the thought of all the shiny, cool toys and gifts they would be able to buy. (Adorable ^-^)

As usual, Tanjiro overworked himself to provide everyone with gifts and clothes. Nezuko thought they didn't really need the money. If everyone was happy and safe, she felt their simple life to be enough.

Tanjiro handed the money to Nezuko for her to keep it safe. He then grabbed a hatchet and turned to Takeo "Are you ready?" He asked. Takeo nodded, with that they both headed into the forest to chop trees.

"WE'LL BE BACK SOON!!" Tanjiro yelled to Nezuko, his voice fading into the distance the farther they got.

Nezuko sighed and looked at Hanako and Shigeru, who seemed bummed that their brothers abandoned them. "Come help me and mother set the table for dinner, guys"

She took Hanako and Shigeru into the house to get them ready for dinner and bed

~~Time Skip~~

It was now night sunset and time for dinner, Tanjiro and Takeo had returned from the forest with firewood for the night.

Everyone gathered in the kitchen around the table to behold the wonderful feast that was cooked, Tanjiro helped set up all the dishes while Nezuko brought out the food