BROKEN SKY

Chapter 2
We walked for hours on end and somehow ended up nowhere! Completely out of the city! The gentle white snow, soon turned into a harsh blizzard. My hands felt numb and for my body felt frozen as if I couldn't move anymore, the stranger in front of me however seemed not too bothered about the treacherous weather whatsoever. Looking around for a source of shelter, I started to hug myself to keep warm soon I saw a small little cottage somehow conveniently placed in the middle of nowhere...who the hell lived here? A murderous canninbal? Shouting over the noise of the wind I tried to gain the attention of the man.

"Can we please wait out the blizzard in that cottage over there? I think I'm starting to get frostbite here!" I yelled. "No!" he yelled back unfazed by the wind whipping at my body, tired, annoyed and extremely cold I lost it "I'm not going nowhere if we won't!" and just as he was about to reply I cut him off "we can't survive like this, if we get attacked by other groups or the undead we won't be able to see!" I yelled. Seeing my reasoning he turned and headed in the direction of the cottage.

Trudging along he tried the frozen door of the cottage... Surprisingly it opened with ease. Thankful for shelter I barged my way through, shoving the man out the way "you do realise there's a risk of infected being here?" He asked raising his eyebrows as the door slammed shut behind us. "If there was we'd smell it, not only that we'd be dead by now...also it would be borded up..." I replied rolling my eyes as I inspected the room. The cottage looked cozy no dead bodies, all in order... as if the owners just went out for a walk... There was a large fireplace, thankfully with wood unused inside, along with two chairs in front of it, inbetween the two chairs, there was a end table with a small lamp atop. A few paintings hung on the wooden walls. Taking off my bag and searching for my matchsticks I soon found it and lifting it up in victory.

I rarely used these unless necessary, and usually used nature as a starter pack for fire. Striking a match I chucked the match into the fireplace letting the flame take hold of the wood. "you have matches yet you don't use them" he said cocking his head to the side, I heaved a sigh and turned round to face him "why do you think I do that?" I said in a sarcastic tone. "Matches are rare to come across?" He questioned, I gave a slow clap. "Don't" he stated his voice giving warning, "we better go to sleep anyway see if the blizzard passes" I shrugged at his suggestion "do what you want... " I said wandering upstairs. "It usually seems you don't care" he paused for a moment "Mikhail" he said quietly almost in a hushed tone, "huh?" I turned around on the staircase to look at him stopping in my tracks.

"That's my name, Mikhail"

"And you tell me now why?"

He gave me a look "don't bother" he said before leading the way upstairs. What was upstairs was as simplistic as the living area, two doors stood by each other checking one of the rooms there was a bathroom a small shower was in a corner and next to it a porcelain sink. On the opposite side of the wall was a toilet with small designs on the top. Finding nothing of interest we walked back out and through the second door...

I stood looking bemused yet disturbed what lay before me. An infected tied to the bed with handcuffs, writhing and groaning quietly. You'd think it was to stop it from hurting the house owner but that really wasn't it. Judging by what the infected was wearing and a camera still rolling seemed to be showing us something different. "Oh... god..." I tried not to giggle coughing out my words. "Well it looked like the house owner was either a lonely guy or girl...or the...uh person turned...it's just plain wrong" he finished I studied the room looking for essentials. "Well if you ever feel lonely Mikhail there's a dildo and a vibrator there." I said smirking as Mikhail made a gagging noise. "Here's an idea lets sleep downstairs..."