Sleepover

Chapter Four | Blocking

"What are you mad at me?" Violet heard E.j say as she stood outside the closed rehearsal room door "You're mad at me, look Nini there was no fitting at lunch"

Nini sighed anger bubbling in her voice as she spoke "Fine you want to know where I was at lunch? I was avoiding you because you stole my phone" When Violet heard this she felt bad she knew this wasn't how E.j wanted to tell her.

When they finally made it into the room Violet was informed that Ricky was running late and that she would be blocking the scene with E.j. It took a long time to get Big Red to put everything in the right place but once the piano was in the correct position Miss Jenn directed E.j to start "Wow. Now, that's really nice" Violet hummed as Seb started to play the piano both E.j and Violet suddenly being reminded of when they would sing and act together as kids. The pair moved towards the piano E.j resting on it as he started to sing

It's hard to believe that I couldn't see you were always there beside me

Violet stood at the other side of the piano facing him as she sung

Though I was alone with no one to hold but you were always there beside me

This feeling's like no other

They sang together continuing on with the song, their voices blended well and because of their friendship they managed to pull off the look of being in love but it was clear to everyone that she had so much more chemistry with Ricky when they performed together.

Just before they started running through the song for a second time Ricky arrived but he was extremely distracted. This worried Violet as they hadn't spoken since he told her he still liked her but before she could ask him if he was ok Miss Jenn took him to her office to talk leaving the kids in the room to mingle.

E.j instantly made his way to Nini trying to talk through their problems in hopes to save their relationship and while they were at one side of the room Carlos approached Violet with a question "Um so don't answer if I'm overstepping but I overheard you tell Ricky that the kiss scene shouldn't be awkward because you've kissed before and I was wondering what is going on there?" 

Violet's eyes widened slightly before she sighed deciding that since E.j and Big Red knew and Carlos basically knew it couldn't hurt "Ricky and I might of, sort of, like spent the whole summer together" she stuttered out "We weren't like official or anything cause we had both just got out of relationships but we where kinda together. We're just friends now though"

Carlos's mouth fell open as he listed to her speak "Oh my god you are so the reason he joined the show" He squealed gaining the room's attention. When everyone was facing them Carlos whispered a sorry as Ashlyn asked what he was talking about, Violet attempted to brush it off but the drama kids were relentless.

"Ok fine, me and Ricky might have hung out a lot this summer" She exclaimed in frustration.

"Just hung out?" One of the dancers asked 

Sighing Violet replied completely unaware that Nini had actually tuned into the conversation "So, we might have kissed a few times but it doesn't matter we are just friends"

"You and Ricky" Nini questioned as people parted to allow her to walk in front of Violet "You guys were together this summer?" when Violet nodded she continued "Now it makes sense, him joining the musical, you defending him, him coming back to the musical just because you asked, he must really like you" she smiled. Miss Jenn soon walked back into the room without Ricky just worrying Violet more.

Violet had just pulled her car into her driveway when she grabbed her phone, clicked on her favourites and hit Ricky's contact name. He didn't answer, his phone going to voicemail, his outro message reminding her of summer.

"I need to redo my voicemail message" Ricky said as he scrolled through his phone sitting on his bed with Violet's head in his lap. 

"why?"

"Simple, Nini is in it" he said as he went to re-record it.

Hi, you tried to reach... Stop!

Ricky laughed as Violet moved to try and steel his phone cutting off his redo halfway. Instead of redoing it again he dropped his phone on the bed and grabbed her by her hips when she tried to run away the pair laughing before they closed the gap between them with a kiss

Ricky didn't know where to go he just started skating and before he knew it he was in front of Violet's houses, from the street you could see the edge of the platform in the tree, there was a blanket falling over the edge signalling that Violet was in the tree and so he pushed open the garden gate and climbed the little rope ladder up the tree. When Violet had noticed him come through the gate she closed her songwriting notebook and waited for him to climb the tree. His eyes were red and puffy an obvious sign he had been crying and so the second he was safely on the platform she tackled him in a hug, that pair holding on for dear life "Oh my god, I was so worried, are you ok why weren't you at rehearsal, why didn't you answer my calls?"

"My parents are splitting up" he whispered into her neck "I'm scared, I'm really scared this time" he said his voice cracking in the middle. Violet could feel her neck get wet, he was crying, and so was she when she heard the fear in his voice "It feels different already"

"Different doesn't have to be bad" Violet reassured as they pulled away "Ok and I'll be here every step of the way, do you want to crash in one of my dad's guest bedrooms for the night?" she asked. When he nodded they crawled their way through her window and into her bedroom in her dad's house "I think you still have some clothes here from summer you can use" Violet said as she went through one of her draws handing him a pair of his own top and sweats. Violet let him to the guest bedroom down the hall before telling him to get changed and that she would be back in a few minutes after she went and told her dad he was staying. 

Dan didn't put up a fight once Violet told him why Ricky needed to stay over and so she made her way back upstairs knocking before opening the door. Ricky was sitting at the end of the bed a small smile gracing his face when he saw her, they just stared at each other for a minute before Ricky broke the silence "Do you remember how we met last summer?"

"Of course, I was walking Milo and you were skating down the sidewalk, the sidewalk wasn't big enough for all three of us and because there was a car passing and there wasn't enough time to stop you swerved straight into the bushes to avoid hitting Milo and I" Violet replied sitting cross-legged on the bed next to him 

"And then we hung out for the first time the next day and figured out that our exes were at the same camp for the summer, which was crazy" Ricky said before he scooted closer to her on the bed. They hugged and as they pulled apart the tension was thick their faces extremely close. As much as Violet wanted to kiss him he had been through a lot that day so she pulled away, got off the bed and said goodnight to him before leaving for her own bedroom

Authors Note

Her contact name for him is 'Rick <3' and his for her is 'Vi <3'