My New Life

2009- 10:34 PM

I got off of the taxi grabbing my luggage out of the trunk, The city lights were dim and there were few little cars around, almost like it was abandoned. It was windy, my long dark brown hair was flowing with the wind. I took my luggage with me and headed to the nearest store I could find, it was late and the long flight I took here wasn't helping, I was starving and needed food in my system.

After a while of walking, I found a store which said open 24/7, I walked in and looked around. I got a few chips and a beer, I spotted a cigarette pack and took a pack as well. I only had $80 dollars on me which was bad enough, I paid at the register and left the store with my luggage in hand. Now all I had to do was find that stupid hotel.

I walked around the city for what seemed like hours, until I finally found it. I went in, my feet were killing me from walking. I talked to the receptionist, and she gave me my room number and key. Room 230, I headed towards the elevator and got in, I took a minute to put my luggage down, they were going to burst my arms any minute now. The elevator finally took me to the level my room was, I grabbed my luggage again and got out of the elevator.

I walked over to where my room was and took out the key the receptionist gave me, my luggage was too much for me and I dropped the key on the floor along with my luggage. I groaned and knelt down to grab the key. I grabbed it and unlocked the door, the hotel room was small, a small kitchen, a bathroom and a bedroom. I shrugged and dragged my luggage to the bedroom, it was nothing out of the ordinary, it was plain like what you would see in a bedroom with no decor. I put my luggage down and closed the hotel room door. 

I undressed myself and put on an oversized T-shirt, I had black panties on with no shorts or bra. I sat down on the bed and took out the pack of cigarettes I got from that shop, I lit one up and took a puff. I wasn't going to deny I was addicted but I just couldn't stop, it's a habit now.

It made my stress go away, I don't want to remember my old life, I want to start a new one and forget about everything that has happened to me...I just wish I could've defended myself from those guys at the bar, well lessoned learned. Don't sneak out late at night, god I'm so stupid.

I took a few more puffs of the cigarette then blew it out, I threw it away and laid back down on the bed. I pulled the covers over me trying to forget everything. This new city seems good, I'm hoping it's not like the other one, traumatizing and goal crushing people. I closed my eyes and relaxed my body as I drifted off to sleep.

**