Chapter 37: Why Her?

I looked out on the window as I noticed Lianne. I just woke up from sleep because of what they had injected on me. She's pointing her gun towards a scientist while he is also pointing his gun at her. Zarin, get out of the room as he is carrying Alviana with the support of his hands; he did it in a way of buddy. What in the world is going on right now? Why Lianne is pointing at him? What happened while I'm asleep?

Lianne's jacket is already tangled and looks like it came from a very fierce war and boxing. Alviana looks like she's going to vomit blood from her lungs. She's badly injured, her arm and face had so many wounds that it looked like she got slashed. The fresh blood flows from her wounds.

I tried to release myself from being tied but failed. My heart started to pound fast after hearing multiple gun shots outside of the room. My eyes widened when I saw Lianne slowly spewing blood.

Her eyes widened as she felt the pain. I realized that Lianne and PhD Ryan Homes exchange shots because of the intensity of guarding each other. Lianne fell to the floor as tears began to fall from my eyes.

"LIANNE!!!" I kept screaming her name hoping they would hear me, that they would hear my every scream inside this room. I can feel my body weakened while I am witnessing Lianne suffer.

Alviana released herself from Zarin's grip and knelt on Lianne's lying body. My chest tightened a lot as I watched Lianne lying there, fighting for her own life. I couldn't do anything but cry.

I want to go to her, I want to save her from harm. I want to catch the locusts that hit her. It hurts. I wanted to break free from the binding but I couldn't.

"WHY?!" I wailed and bowed as my tears continued to flow. I could hardly breathe because of the pain I felt.

My chest felt heavy, I felt the pain again that I don't want to experience again. Why did he do that? How did he manage to kill my friend? My friend who cherished and cared for me, he was the first to understand the pain that Mommy caused me when she left me.

I can't quite figure out what happened, why did he have to disappear? Tears continue to flow down my cheeks. It hurts, it hurts me a lot.

"LIANNE!!!" Alviana's voice echoed, you could sense the pain and regret in it.

I looked out the window, Lianne's face and body were almost bloodless. I can't bear to see my friend like this. It was like millions of knives pierced my heart with what my two eyes could see.Alviana was bent over and kept punching the floor causing it to bleed.

"ARGH!!!" Alviana screamed like crazy and took Lianne's gun and shot the scientist who killed Alviana.

Trembling, Alviana let go of the gun she was holding and pulled her hair while shouting. Zarin tried to calm her down by shaking and talking to her but she dismissed his hand. I know it hurts for us, but it hurts more for her own family who brought her to life.

I feel the weakness of my body, I seem to have lost hope. Mommy and daddy left me, now it's Lianne again? Until when? It hurts so much, I don't want to anymore. I want to stop it, I want to die!

It's hard to love and appreciate because it's heartbreaking. Why is it that when you are so close to that person, they will actually disappear? So sometimes, I stop giving affection to someone because that's where it all starts again.

I can't do anything, I'm not a doctor. It's hard to accept especially if you're not ready or you didn't prepare. I don't want surprises because of this, I don't want to expect it because of what's happening.

It's as painful if you're hoping for something big and special but, then something else comes out; far from your expectations. Sometimes, I just want to be alone. No pain, no expectations, and above all no problems with anyone but yourself.

"COME ON, ALVIANA! WE HAVE TO FCKING MOVE ON. WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME! THIS BUILDING IS GOING TO CALL IN A FEW MINUTES!" I heard Zarin yell at her.

"We need to find Y/n, Zarin. I can't lose them both." I heard her serious voice. I'm just here, can't they see me here? I'm just next to the laboratory.

I took a deep breath because they ran away from where I was. Is the window of this room tinted? I just shook my head because of what they did, what were they thinking?

I'm close to them but why did they prioritize the one further away? Are those two crazy? I kept looking out the window, hoping they would come to me here.

They came back with an axes and knives, with Mia, Almia and Mariane. They are together, I didn't know that. My heart started pounding because I felt the building shake, like it was going to collapse at any moment.