1

Jungkook had always been the strong and independent member of BTS, but today he was anything but. A stubborn flu had knocked him off his feet, leaving him curled up in bed, shivering under layers of blankets. The others had gone out to run errands, leaving Taehyung behind to take care of his sick boyfriend.

Taehyung entered the room carrying a tray laden with a bowl of steaming chicken soup and a glass of water. He placed it on the nightstand and turned to Jungkook, who was bundled up like a cocoon.

"Hey, baby, I brought you some soup."

Jungkook groaned softly and peeked out from his blanket fortress. His eyes were red-rimmed, and his hair was sticking to his sweaty forehead.

"Thanks, Tae."

Taehyung sat down on the edge of the bed, gently pushing Jungkook's hair away from his face.

"How are you feeling, bub?"

Jungkook's voice was raspy as he replied, "Like I got hit by a truck."

Taehyung chuckled softly.

"Well, I've got just the remedy for that."

He picked up the bowl of soup and blew on it before offering a spoonful to Jungkook.

Jungkook took a small bite and closed his eyes, savoring the warmth and comfort it brought.

"You're the best, Tae."

Taehyung grinned, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

"I know."

He continued to feed Jungkook spoonfuls of soup, occasionally stealing a sip himself. As Jungkook ate, Taehyung began to softly hum a soothing tune, the melody filling the room with a sense of calm.

After the soup was finished, Taehyung handed Jungkook the glass of water. "Stay hydrated, okay?"

Jungkook nodded weakly and took a few sips. He set the glass down and looked up at Taehyung with a small smile. "You're really taking good care of me."

Taehyung shrugged nonchalantly.

"If I don't look after my boyfriend, then who will. As much as I love every side of you, I do need my energetic Jungkookie back."

Saying so, Taehyung dropped a soft kiss to the younger's forehead.

Jungkook's smile grew wider, his eyes shining with gratitude.

"Thanks, Taetae."

As the afternoon turned into evening, Taehyung stayed by Jungkook's side, reading him stories, sharing funny anecdotes, and even attempting to teach him a few dance moves from the comfort of the bed. He sneaked a few kisses with Jungkook going into a ranting spree about how he shouldn't do that, or he'll catch the flu.

As the hours passed, Jungkook's fever began to break, and he started feeling a bit more like himself. He propped himself up on the pillows and looked at Taehyung with a fond expression. "Tae, you know... I don't say this often, but I really appreciate you."

Taehyung's eyebrows shot up in mock surprise. "Whoa, Kookie, are you sure you're feeling alright? You're getting all sentimental on me."

Jungkook chuckled weakly. "No, seriously. You've stayed here by my side the whole day, taking care of me. I can't thank you enough."

Taehyung's playful demeanor softened, and he reached out to gently ruffle Jungkook's hair. "Kookie, there's no place I'd rather be than beside you."

Jungkook's eyes glistened with unshed tears, "Don't make me cry. I'm overly emotional when I'm sick. You know that."

Taehyung reached over and pulled Jungkook into a warm hug, careful not to squeeze too tightly. "Aye, my emotional baby bun. I love you."

A contented smile graced Jungkook's lips as he cuddled closer to Taehyung. He shyly hid his face in Taehyung's chest when he heard the other mumble "cute."

In that moment, surrounded by warmth, Jungkook realized that even in his weakest moments, Taehyung's unwavering care and affection had the power to mend not only his physical ailments but also his heart. As they stayed that way, in each other's embrace, the room was filled with a comforting silence, their bond stronger than ever before.

The end!