PROLOGUE

DEDICATION

To the one who whispered hope into the silence of my pen, these stories bloom anew, filled with the echo of our laughter and the promise of a happily ever after I dared to believe in again.

Disclaimer: Please note that this is a fictional work. The author may have drawn on personal experiences for inspiration, but the events and characters portrayed are not meant to represent reality. All names, locations, businesses, and situations are either entirely made up or used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual people, living or deceased, or actual events is purely coincidental.

"The worst battle I ever fought was giving up on something I truly want to hold for life."

- Dr. Jasiah Ayla Calle Vasquez-

 Jasiah Ayla Calle Vasquez-

"Who are you?" Someone asked me from behind.

I look at the stranger and he's staring at me like I did something bad. "Artist."

His brows furrowed not completely believing my answer. Instead of saying another word, I showed him my ID for this three-day seminar and I was assigned to this room. Later on, tumango lang siya saakin at ipinatong ang bag niya sa katapat na table. A roomate!?

"Photographer." He uttered before leaving. Just like that, I was left dumbfounded.

Weird. How come lalaki ang makakasama ko dito? Did the manager assign me to the wrong room? I immediately texted my prof to clear my suspicion before taking a bath. I'm in my last year of senior high and I am doing my best to make this journey worthwhile. My mother once told me that this may be the last year of my enjoyment. I love paintings, but I don't want to pursue art. I am obsessed with it but loving this passion wholeheartedly didn't cross my mind. I've come from a family of doctors but that doesn't mean that I want to be a doctor because of them, saving lives is what art truly means.

"SHIT!" I cursed myself when I saw the time. Late na ako sa orientation! I run as fast as I can like I am running for my life. Attendance is a must when it comes to seminars like this. This is a seminar where students from different schools are gathered with different skills and forte. As for me, I am going to represent my school for the arts. I don't know anyone from my school na ma re-represent din sa different school. I only know myself here.

When I entered the dome, everyone was already settled. I looked for an empty seat in front pero wala nang vacant. I had no choice but to sit at the back and the only chair being available.

"I'll take this sit," I said to the guy sitting next to me. I didn't realize that he was the guy from earlier. The photographer, huh?

"What?" I exclaimed when he stared at me. He looked innocent but his eyes said differently.