CHAPTER 3

"How's the preparation, anak?" Mom asked.

"No need to worry about anything, Mom. Inasikaso ko na lahat so all you should do is to make sure that you're present at my graduation." sagot ko.

Both mom and dad are doctors. Minsan lang kaming nagkakasabay kumain at nakakapag-usap. I'm the only child kaya masyadong toon ang atensyon saakin ng relatives because both of them are successful and it is my responsibility to be more successful than them. Hindi naman sa pressured ako but the thing na may na re-raise na expectectation saakin everytime makes me feel anxious.

"What are planning to take as your pre-med?" Dad asked.

"Either bio or chem, Dad." maikling sagot ko.

"If you're planning to be a surgeon, you should take Bio." sabi niya.

"Hon, let her decide." sabat ni mommy.

"That's a suggestion." Dad defended.

Actually, I'm good with anything. I can easily adapt and all I need is to study hard. I'm just taking my take to decide and take it easy for now. After naming mag breakfast ay dumeretso na ako sa School. We will have our graduation practice next week kaya pini-pressure na kami ng dean to submit all the requirements for graduation. Isa pa, I am running for valedictorian. Kahit hindi naman sure na makukuha ko yun dahil madaming magagaling sa ibang strands.

I was scrolling through my cellphone when a notification popped out.

Vera_Dylan started following you on Twitter.

Vera_Dylan started following you on Instagram.

"What the hell??" I uttered a curse.

Ilang minute pa ay may nag message na saakin.

From Vera_Dylan:

You're a strong woman to make me add you first, Calle. Now, go to the office and Ms. Jella will talk with us.

Ganoon lang ang sabi niya. I didn't take the initiative to add any of his socials since magkikita din naman kami sa school. No need in changing mutuality. Ginawa ko ang sinabi niya at dumeretso sa office. It seems like tapos na ang meeting ng mga students na kasali sa University fest. This is also my last contest as a STEM student kaya I had the urge to make this successful.

"Here she is." Yoshua sniffed when he saw me enter the room.

"You're late, Vasquez." sabi ni Ma'am.

"I wasn't informed." I defended.

"I looked for you in your classroom earlier but you're not there. I informed one of your classmates but I think she didn't relay the message." Sabi niya.

"Who?" tanong ko.

"The curly girl?" he wasn't that sure.

"Oh....Kimmy? Kaya namana pala. We don't have a good relationship ever since she transferred to our class. Two section kasi ang STEM_12. Section A1 and A2 kasi madami ang students.

"Well, you have your partner to guide you kung anong napag-usapan namin kanina. I'll leave you two for now, I have class pa." paalam ni Ms. Jella.

Alone with him again? Nakakainis pa naman ang mukha niya.

"Make it fast." Sabi ko.