Chapter 11

"are you really serious about this?" Rihanna asked her friend who had been packing to go to the wedding.
"I don't know Riri, Ryan got invited and he wants me to be there to support him for the wedding." Shakira explained fitting in some of her clothes in her bag.

"Do you really have to go, I just don't trust these rich brats," Riri said as she stood in the doorway. "Well, you never know I might earn lots of money with these rich brats," Shakira smiled assuring her friend there is no need to worry.
"Alright, but you better make sure to call me as soon as you arrive," Rihanna demanded firmly. "Don't worry, I will," Shakira chuckled, neatly placing a pair of jeans on top of the disorganized heap of clothes already crammed into her suitcase.

"Just let the girl enjoy herself," a voice interjected as Keke suddenly appeared. "Wait, Keke? How did you-" Shakira began to ask, only to be interrupted by Keke. "-You thought I wouldn't find out about you jetting off to some wedding in Vegas?" Keke smirked, receiving a warm embrace from Shakira.

"Apologies for keeping it a secret," Shakira confessed. "By the way, where's...Beth?" Rihanna inquired, her curiosity piqued. "She mentioned that her mother fell ill, so she had to leave and take care of her," Shakira explained.

"I still don't trust that woman Kristen. How can she invite her ex-boyfriend and you to her friend's wedding, and why did Ryan agree to it so easily?" Rihanna questioned, her anger and confusion apparent. "I couldn't care less, girl. It's Vegas, you're going to have a blast and do whatever you please," Keke exclaimed with excitement, eagerly boosting Shakira's spirits.

"Yeah, I didn't mention that Chris will also be attending," Shakira disclosed, aware of Rihanna's distaste for him as she was generally difficult to please when it came to men. "What! Really?" Keke exclaimed with a grin, ecstatic about the unexpected turn of events.

Rihanna, however, abruptly intervened, halting Shakira's attempts to pack her luggage as both Keke and Shakira playfully restrained her, collapsing onto Shakira's bed.

"There's something I don't quite understand," Rihanna finally mustered the courage to ask after a long moment of silence, staring at her friend Shakira nestled between herself and Keke. "Are you going to this wedding because you were invited, or is it because of Chris Evans?"

Shakira pondered the question for a brief moment before responding, "I'm not entirely sure, but I feel like this trip will provide me with the answers I need. I need to discern whether to prioritize what I require or what I desire." As her friends nodded, a smile formed on Shakira's face. She truly needed this journey to find out if both Ryan and Chris were being genuine in their actions.

Just then, Shakira received a text message. It was from Chris, and the message read, "Hey beautiful, I miss you." Keke, sensing the excitement, couldn't help but fake a dramatic cry. "Lucky you, you have these handsome, wealthy men competing for your love," she teased.

"Wait... does Chris know that you're going?" Keke suddenly asked, leaving Shakira speechless. She hadn't thought about whether Chris was aware of her plans, and it was likely that Kristin had informed him. Uncertain, Shakira replied, "I don't know, but it doesn't really matter. We're not dating or anything." She playfully nudged Keke's shoulder.

Keke couldn't resist teasing her further, saying, "Come on, it's obvious you like the idea of it." Shakira quickly stood up, returning to her packing, and firmly denied Keke's assumption. "What? No," she said, her voice slightly nervous. Just as she was trying to process her conflicting feelings, her phone beeped, revealing a text from Ryan. "Hey, are you ready? I'm on my way to pick you up," the message read, causing Shakira to curse in frustration.

"Shit! I'm not even prepared. Okay, everyone out!" Shakira quickly began ushering her friends out of her room, fully focused on getting ready for the upcoming adventure.