Sylvia

"Hey." Hope murmured as she walked across the platform of the Kelpie's enclosure, biting her lip to see Newt crouched down, pouring measured bits of oils into the fish chunks.

Newt looked up with a small smile. "Hi..." he swallowed, the light in his eyes that usually glowed there was a bit dimmed. Darkness swept under his eyes, leading Hope to believe he hadn't slept well last night.

Guilt clawed through her chest as she lowered herself to the damp wood and nodded slowly. "I'm sorry about yesterday. For snapping at you..." she trailed off, trying to fight off the heat of shame that crept up her neck.

It hadn't been right, yelling at Newt when he'd done nothing wrong.

"You were just trying to help." Hope cleared her throat of the lump forming.

Newt moved a little closer. "I'm not angry, Hope." He murmured, making her glance up at him in surprise.

"You should be..."

"You weren't yelling at me." He replied calmly, taking her hand in his. "You were upset by the situation, and I added kindling to the fire. If anything, I should be apologizing. Last night wasn't the time to put my opinion into the mess."

Hope took a shuddering breath. She just couldn't understand how he could be so, well, understanding of it all.

"Someone tried to kill you, Hope. I think that warrants some high-strung nerves."

Swallowing hard, she nodded, trying to let his words comfort her, but the guilt resided. "You look exhausted." She murmured.

Newt smiled crookedly. "I couldn't sleep, so I came here around midnight and have been here since. I knew you were safe with Albus, but I couldn't help but worry about you. I'll admit, I was angry too. Not with you, but all the trust built for you here. The level of comfort you were starting to have was shattered in a single evening."

"Not all the trust," she offered with a small smile, "I still have you." Taking his hand, she squeezed it lightly. "And Albus."

Newt pulled her a little closer and smiled, the glow in his eyes returning a little as he pressed a soft kiss to her knuckles.

"Did you feel safer in his chambers?" He asked gently.

Hope nodded. "I did. I slept...very well last night." Red flushed down her neck as she thought about last night. The mere memory made her pussy quiver. Though she could see his eyes still didn't quite match his smile, and then she realized.

"I doubt he would mind if you stayed sometimes while this is getting figured out."

A glimmer of hope shined in his eyes as he perked a little. "Hope I didn't mean to insinuate-"

She quickly cut him off with a kiss. "When you can't sleep, I'm usually in bed with you. Last night I wasn't, and that must have felt awful," she murmured, "so you'll be staying with us tonight. I've made the decision."

Chuckling, he shook his head. "Is that really a decision you can make?"

With a laugh, she shrugged and threaded her fingers with his. "I have him wrapped around my finger, too."

"Too?" Newt grinned.

Hope nodded, matching his smile. "Oh yes," she leaned forward and kissed his lips, "but don't worry. I'll use my power for good. Most of the time." She giggled.

"Troublemaker." He smiled as he stroked her cheek, kissing her fondly.

Hope and Newt lost track of time as they revisited each other, restoring the uneasiness she'd felt from yesterday.