Chapter 3

After passing your homework, Taehyung comes to you with the biggest grin in the entire universe. It's almost hunting. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"I already bought you a gift."

"Tae, my birthday's still two months away."

"Better now than never right? I promise you're gonna love it you'll cry." The exaggerated motions makes you laugh.

"If it's Kermit I'm gonna kill you."

He shakes his head. "Learned my lesson last time. But in my defense, how was I supposed to know you're terrified of it?"

"I told you many times. You didn't listen." You swing your backpack behind you and he follows you out the school building.

"Your mom's already here. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya."

-

There's a huge iron man figure standing at the corner of the room. It's surrounded by mini iron man figures in all different hero poses.

Jungkook looks up with a curious face.

"Why are you tall? Shouldn't girls be short?"

"Why are you short? Shouldn't guys be tall?"

He purses his upper lip forward into a pout.

On a side note, the boy's just seven years old and you're turning eleven soon.

"I ate all my vegetables though. I should be taller than you."

"I'll let you in a little secret okay? Food has got nothing to do with height. It's all in the genes." You smile proudly at yourself while his little face dance with confusion.

"I mean you have tall parents so you'll probably be tall too when you're older. Maybe." You whisper the last part as to not break your confidence. You're the shortest in your classroom so this feels nice.

However it is kinda sad that it's a seven year old your combating with.

"I'll be this tall?" Lifts his arm.

"Yeah. Maybe even taller than me." It's a harsh truth but you have to accept it.

You almost forgot the reason you stood up. After grabbing the water bottle from your backpack, you head back to play truck with the young boy.

How many times have you stopped by the palace in the last three weeks? About eight times already.

Who knew the queen would ask for some tweaks of the blueprints here and there.

While mom's with the Queen, you're left to be the Prince's playmate.

Currently, you're in his play area. The room's basically just filled with toys and books and action figures. Lots and lots of action figures.

Every now and then, someone comes to check up on him.

"I wanna grow up fast." He says while building a helicopter with legos. You stepped on one a while ago and it hurt like hell.

"I wanna grow up fast too. Mom says if I do good in school and have a job, I can visit countries like Japan and the Philippines."

He sure knows what he's doing with those pieces.

"I wanna grow up fast so that I can stop noona from leaving."