𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

•*•

•*•

   A sleek Rolls Royce pulled up the driveway of an affluent mansion. The exterior of the building to the eye was a sight to behold. The richness of the articulate architecture evidently demonstrated that person residing behind the very walls was wealthy.

Parking the vehicle right up the entrance to the paved driveway, Leticia leaned her head down towards the steering wheel to glance out of the front windshield in awe. Raising her eyebrows at the home before her, she clicked her tongue in fascination as she whispered to herself, "Well, I'll be damned."

The long drive to the Carleton mansion had been a rigorous one. Without stopping for breaks in between, Lettie was dreading the ride back. But, of course, with the races just around the corner, she had to check up on her horse.

Getting out of her car, the Morelli woman adjusted her blazer on her form from the wrinkles that appeared from the lengthy drive. Walking up to the mansion, Lettie didn't get even two steps up the stairs before the very woman she was looking for came around the corner wearing stable attire.

"Miss Morelli," stopping just short of the curly haired brunette, Lettie turned around at the sound of her name being called, "I am pleased to see you made it safely."

Giving a small smile to the shorter woman, Leticia retreated her steps back down the stairs and in front of May in greeting, "Mrs. Carleton. It was a smooth drive but a long endeavor, indeed," looking back to the tall building to the right of her, the hazel eyed beauty complimented kindly, "My, I must say, you have a lovely home."

Watching as May as well turned her attention to her house, she nodded her head, her voice coming out in a small mutter, "Yes, well, it can be a little...extreme for one person."

Leticia could sense a sort of sadness exuding off of the woman. Not wanting to prolong into the poignancy of the moment, Lettie jested lightly, "You know what they say now a-days. The bigger the better, right?"

A small smile appeared on the Carleton woman's features through the despair. After a silent moment, May quirked her head to the side as she took a step back, "Come on. There's someone I want you to meet."

Nodding her head, Lettie clasped her hands in front of her, her red stained lips lifting up into a grin, "Lead the way."

Walking side by side, the two women trailed down a dirt path that curved around the estate. The trek took a few minutes until they reached a ranch that conveniently connected to the residence. Giving a parting glance slightly behind her to see if the Morelli woman was keeping up with her strides, May led the way into the stables stopping just curt of a man with the filly in question.