Chapter 4

Olivia Jones-Washington

I knew that I stayed too long when my phone notified me that Cain was in front of the mansion in his famous red Ashton Martin, if he found out that I was out on a date with Chris Brown he would be livid. I know that leaving so suddenly would make it weird when I had the best time being out of the house for once. I felt like there was some type of connection between us even though there was another woman there too. I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't feel the way he was staring at me and the affection he was showing to me was unbelievable. I felt something in my heart pulling me closer to him but it was so wrong in so many ways. 

I had to hurry home before Cain got in and noticed I was gone. I took a shortcut and ended up driving into the secret opening connected to our mansion, sliding into the garage parking space with ease. My car was fast but not as loud as most sports cars so he wouldn't hear me even if he was a few feet away from the front door. I took off my heels, ran to the elevator and prayed that I would make it in before he had the chance to. As the doors opened into the living room I slipped out of my dress and grabbed the apron on the dining chair to put it on. I threw my dress into the laundry basket and my heels in the guest room closet. 

As soon as his keys unlocked the door my heart dropped because I was two seconds from getting caught. I smoothed out my hair and started rummaging around the kitchen as if I was looking for something.

"Liv I'm home"-Cain yelled from the door

"Good evening Cain"-I said entering the living room

"How was your week? Did you do anything productive lately?"-Cain

"Same as always nothing but work, I did do some painting the other day would you like to see it?"-I asked trying to change the subject

"Of course you know I love your artwork"-Cain said taking off his tie and suit jacket

I walked past him and felt him grab me from behind. I tense up at the way he was breathing into my neck as if he knew I was lying about something.

"You smell different, new perfume?"-Cain

"No it's just some samples I tried on from a magazine"-I lied through clenched teeth

I knew I shouldn't have let Chris come too close to me when I felt my anxiety kicking in the moment Kyra noticed me at Bottega Louie.

"Okay maybe I should buy you a bottle, it smells nice on you"-He said turning me around to face him

"You know I don't like expensive things"-I said biting my lip

"Yeah that's why I adore you, I don't have to worry about money going to waste like most people. Anyway what are we having for dinner I've been starving"-Cain

What did he mean by most people? Did that confirm he was indeed having an affair? I wasn't the only one keeping secrets, I guess I'm no better than him.

"I wasn't sure what to make, what do you have a taste for my love?"-I said fake smiling 

"Surprise me"-Cain

"Okay"-I said slowly easing out of his grip

"Let me know when it's ready, I'm going to head up and take a shower. Possibly make a few calls"-Cain said standing up

"Okay"-I said walking to the kitchen

"And Olivia please don't lie to me again, you look beautiful by the way"-Cain said descending up the stairs

I froze by the cabinet and wondered what he meant by not lying to him again. Did he find out that I left the house or did Kyra tell him I was at the restaurant with another man? She couldn't possibly betray me like that when we were friends since elementary school. She knew that Cain stopped loving me and that we weren't the happiest couple we used to be in the past. No way she sounded sincere when she told me her and the girls miss me. I had to stop thinking about that situation or it will consume my every thought. Chris Brown is occupying my mind ugh.