4 ; SAFE YET SCARED - ☆

-'๑'-
- SAFE YET SCARED -
-'๑'-
.
.
.
✫ ⁑ starting
🏙️ 🌃 🌆

he takes a chance.

he slowly climbs out of his bed, dragging down his blanket along side him, that wrapped him up like a shield, and he sat down on the floor, leaning on his bed frame.

the way he'd comfort himself when he was frightened would be by having some company, which was you at the moment.
he didn't know you well, and that made him nervous.

he held his arms together tightly, staring blankly in the dim room.

another loud crackling sound erupted from the sky.

even though he was safe, he was scared.

you on the other hand, weren't doing too well either.

you were having a rather terrifying nightmare.

however, you knew you were dreaming, and you kept trying to wake yourself up from this horrible nightmare, it was pretty difficult.
but one things happened to the next, and you shot awake.

[ your pov ]

i heave, catching my breath with wide eyes while sitting up.

i already knew that i had just made a ton of noise, so i turn my head to see if i woke up the boy.
i hope i didn't disturb him-

i jumped, after making eye contact with the boy-..who was sitting right by me ?

he looked pretty frightened, while i stare at him with confusion.

suddenly, a flashing light in the dark sky lit up the room for a split second, and i felt a light vibration, a vibration of thunder.

as that happens, the boy tenses more so than he was before, and i could instantly recognize right then and there, he was scared.

i assume right off the bat that he has a problem with lightning, and i give an expression full of concern towards him, as a wave of pity went to my senses.

i sit up, searching around the room a bit, to find the notebook.

i spot it close by, reaching for the book, i flip open to a page and start writing.

the room was dim, but it was just light enough to be able to see what i was writing.

"what's wrong ?" i wrote.

he looked at me nervously, he seemed like he didn't want to talk about it, and i guess i get that, and i see the big picture anyways, i don't need to know more.

i hesitate, but i start writing again, i wrote down an offer.

i handed him the book.

"you can sleep next to me, if you want" i drew a little smile beside my writing to come off warmer, and kinder, it's his choice, and i want him to be comfortable, i mean he is the nephew of the women my mom loved so dearly.

the boy was anxious, he looked like he wanted to say yes, but was too nervous to bring himself to.
another flash, and a vibration of the boom, the boy jumps.
i sigh.
scooting over, i pat the spot next to me, enough room for him and me, actually more than enough, and even though i typically don't like sleeping so close to people, but i don't hate it, and if it makes this boy feel better, i'll do it.
it would make a great first impression too, i guess that's a win.
.
he awkwardly crawls beside me.
i smile warmly at him, my lips curving up, i want him to feel comfortable.
i lay down, brining the blanket cover my shoulder, feeling the blankets heat cover me again, it was nice.

i close my eyes, while that happened, i felt a shift, he started laying down, i'm glad, he can get comfortable now.

i crack my eyes open just a tad, i saw him facing me, with his eyes shut, but he was still a little tense.
my hands rest down in front of my face, so were his, i decided to slightly graze my hand to his, maybe it could give him a sense of self, to calm his nerves, whenever i'm nervous i like to hold my moms hand, i know it's a little weird, but the slight human touch can help him.
i close my eyes before i can even see his reaction, but i felt his hand push back a little, but moments later, he brought it back.
more closer this time too.
however, even with my eyes close, i saw a flash of white, and yet another vibration, then, pavitr's warm hand held onto my tightly.
poor boy.
i guess i'll just let it happen.

. . .

the next morning.

i shift around a little, stirring awake, but i quickly realize i'm trapped in something.

my eyes open, becoming more aware.

i feel arms wrapped around me tightly.
the boy.
pavitr.
he had a grip on me, and we were pretty close to each other.
i feel my face warm a little, my ears heating.
my body tenses, looking around, i see the room was nicely lit, it was early dawn.
.
.
what now.

[ pavitr's pov ]

my eyes flutter open, blinking quite a bit from this new shift of brightness, my eyes weren't ready for this.

i feel my face scrunch up a bit, as i become more aware.

am i on the floor ?? ..how did i get here ..?
i feel myself hugging something.
.
.
the puzzle pieces go into place.
i jump back, i remember ! her- the girl ! was i-??..oh my!-..god ???

the girl sits up, she rubs her eyes, she looks startled.

"i'm sorry !" i shout, but she doesn't react..huh..wait.... . .OH MY- WHAT THE F-
"i'm sorry !!" i practically scream, oh wait !-
"i'm sorry !!!- wait ! no ? i'm sor-!! WAIT-" i continue into an endless fit of apologies, it was on accident of course, it was hard to stop.
but i remember.
she's deaf.

. . .

eventually, i finally stopped, i feel like an idiot.

and i remember, i was hugging her alllll night ! what the heck is wrong with meee !? the voice in my head whines and cries, i'm embarrassed.
i slam my hands together harshly. ( like this emoji: 🙏 )
since i can't verbally say it to her, i gesture what i know, even though it isn't her sign, i give a pleading gesture, for forgiveness.

she giggles, looking at me amusingly, my face heats up.
she gives me a look, saying she forgives me..i think-..am i reading that wrong ?..i don't think so.. . . maybe.

the birds outside were quite loud, and i hear the honks of cars beeping.

i glance towards the window.

what time is it ?

i look back, expecting to see the girl- but..she's gone ??

i look around, she isn't in the room anymore.

i only looked at the room for a good ten seconds ?

i look at my door, it slightly rocks back and forth.

.
.

i guess she left.
.
.
where did she go.
.
.
.
[ tbc ]

so sorry it took FOREVER for me to update 😭 🙏 2 months is crazy, i'm gonna try to better but i'm hassling around 5 books at once, it's hard so please be patient !! 💕 i hoped you guys all enjoyed ! this book is starting to get around the part where it isn't based off the oneshot, so now i have to realllyyy think, let's see what's next.