19. Video call

Mingi's POV:

We're playing truth or dare when my phone starts ringing.

- Oops! Give me a second. - I run to the living room and grab my phone from my bag.

It's my mum. She's video calling me. I put on a pullover and answer her call.

- Hi mum! How are you doing?

- Hi Mingi! I'm fine. Everything is fine here. I've been working all day long and I just wanted to talk to my son. How are you?

- I'm good...

- Babe, is everything okay? - Yunho interrupts.

I close my eyes because my mum has heard it.

- Hey! Who's there? Who called you "babe"?

- Ummm mum. I think it's time to tell you something. Come here. - I say to Yunho and he comes.

- Do you remember Yunho? The guy I told you that was so nice? Well

- Do you remember Yunho? The guy I told you that was so nice? Well... he was my friend. But...

- What? Has something happened?

- No, mum. We just... We're dating. He's my boyfriend. I'm so sorry. I didn't want to tell you because I was afraid of your reaction...

- Are you Yunho?

- Yes... That's me. - he says with a trembling voice.

- Please take care of my boy. He's probably the most handsome and intelligent and caring person you'll ever find. But you have to promise me that you'll take care of him and love him a lot.

I'm crying. I didn't expect this to happen.

- Of course. I promise. I love him with all my heart. - he says.

- Thank you mum. Thank you for understanding. I love you so much.

- It's okay, my love. As long as you're happy, I am happy too. By the way, how much have you been dating?

I laugh.

- Well, almost three weeks. - he answers.

- Okay. It's still soon to go there and meet Yunho personally, but I'll go as soon as I have the money. Maybe for Christmas.

- Alright mum. I love you.

- I love you too. Good luck with your classes. - she says.

- Thanks.

- Bye, Mrs. Song.

- Oh, Yunho. You can call me Leah.

- Okay. Bye, Leah.

- Bye guys. - she says.

I sigh of relief. I dry my tears. Yunho hugs me tight.

- I'm sorry, Min. I didn't know it was your mum.

- Hey, don't be sorry. That's something that I had to tell her.

- But I'm so proud of you. And everything went out well.

- Thank you, honey. I'm so happy right now.

- Me too. - he smiles. - And if you want, we can pay for her flight. She can visit us in December.

- Awwww perfect. She will absolutely love you.

- Do you want to eat pizza? Shall we buy some for our friends?

- Yes! I'll go with you.

- Guys! We're going to buy some pizza. We'll be back in a minute. - Yunho takes my hand and we leave the house.