Chapter 13: One Overprotective Hybrid

RPOV

Surprisingly finding my mother wasn't as hard as I imagined, only a little blood and a short spell. I was expecting a lot more. I don't know, maybe the room suddenly flashes light, but it is just my blood leading a straight path to her.

The true struggle was letting me meet my mother alone, especially with a big grumpy hybrid who wouldn't let meow of his sight.

Little over dramatic much, right? I mean, you get almost captured by your mother one time, and now you can't go to the bathroom without someone following you.

And our arguments about the matter only got worse every time it was brought up.

"I said No, Klaus. You can't come. I don't want you to get suddenly overprotective, and my mother is missing her head."

"I wouldn't do that. I would just compel her to forget who you were and fall off the earth's face." He said, smirking like he had won our argument.

"You know that wouldn't work. It's harder for you to compel a dhampir than a regular human or vampire, right? And my mother is trained to look for the supernatural. She would see you as a threat, and I don't want you to particularly get stabbed by a silver stake tonight."

" Well, you can't go alone," he said like I was a helpless creature.

"I would like to remind you that I spent most of my life training to take out evil vampires. I think I will be fine to talk with my mother."

And before he could rebuttal," If you bring up that I'm pregnant and need the extra protection, I will be fine. If it makes you feel better, I will bring someone, just not you."

"Ok, but I expect updates." He said, looking like a moping puppy. Serially I wonder who the child is sometimes, Hope or him.

"Fine, if it makes you feel better, sure."

I yelled as I was walking out of my bedroom.

"Im leaving!" when I was finally faced with everyone," No, you all are not allowed to come."

Before anyone could argue further, I continued," Now, which one of you will win the lucky honor of taking me so the moody hybrid won't have a heart of the attack."

I put a finger to my lip, pretending to think, " Haley get your ass over her. We're leaving. I don't need to deal with a Mikaelson temper right now."

Not looking behind and ignoring the comment argument that their temper wasn't that bad, quickly walked out of the compound with Haley not so far back.

——————————————————————————————

We sat in comfortable silence for the drive over. But looking over at Haley, I knew her well enough to recognize that she had something on her mind, something she wanted to discuss.

"You know, Rose," she began, her tone casual, "it's interesting how people can come into our lives and change everything."

I raised an eyebrow, turning to look at her. "Is that your way of saying Klaus Mikaelson has turned my life upside down?"

Haley chuckled softly. "Among other things, yes."

I sighed, my gaze returning to the road. "Look, Haley, Klaus and I have been through a lot. He's been there for me, and I appreciate that. But it's not like that."

"Not like what?" Haley asked a playful glint in her eyes.

I groaned, rolling my eyes. "You know exactly what I mean. Don't try to psychoanalyze me."