Chapter 6

The chirping of birds and buzzing of bugs could be heard outside. The blazing summer sun shined in through the windows, into the cool, air-conditioned room. Inside, there was heavy breathing. Hands braced against the floor, as sweat occasionally dropped down.

"Keep going." Casey said in encouragement as he wrapped his arms around her sweaty body.

"Almost there..." Ash sighed.

Ash was doing her daily push-ups, while Casey lay on her back as an extra challenge. Normally she could carry him with ease, but the extra weight made push-ups considerably more difficult. She did one more rep, before finally collapsing on the floor.

"Alright, that does it for today!" She gave him a thumbs up. "You can get off me now."

"'kay." He got off her and then stood to his feet.

Getting off the floor, Ash grabbed her water bottle took a long drink from it. "I think it was easier this time than the first time we tried this." She said. "We'll have to keep this up; incorporate you into my workout schedule."

"Glad I can help, I guess?" He didn't necessarily mind, but it felt strange. Taking part in her workout routines was a good bonding opportunity, but it wasn't exactly a gym buddy situation. All he really did was mess around on his phone while she used him as a training weight.

"Don't sell yourself short, you are helping!" She flexed her muscles. "I've had lots of gains these past few months. Just feel!"

He reached out and grabbed her boob. "Yep. Just as big as ever." He observed, squeezing them.

"I'm aware, now if you could feel my actual gains..." she growled.

He moved his hand to her arm and felt it. As expected, it was very firm and had definitely grown since he first started dating her. "Jokes aside, I've noticed you've gotten more muscular recently." He observed, before draping his arms on her broad shoulders. "Such a big, strapping woman..."

"You always know what I wanna hear." She chuckled. "You really motivate me to get stronger, you know?" She reached out and embraced him. "Bigger arms mean better hugs, right?"

"Indeed." He nestled his face into her shoulder.

"Oh, and before I forget," she said, pulling out of the hug "you mentioned something about wanting to take a ride on my bike during the summer, right? How about I take you for a ride around town? Something to help unwind after my workout."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that! Yeah, let's go!"

"Cool. We can stop by the park while we're out too."

It didn't take long for either of them to get ready since it was just a casual joy ride. She was wearing a black tank top and jorts, while her boyfriend had put on a pair of women's running shorts and a t-shirt. She handed him his helmet, one he'd gotten specifically for when she rode around with him, and they assumed their usual position; Ash drove in front, while he sat behind her and clung to her. Revving up the motor, she rode off.

The summer heat was offset by the winds that blew around them. This was the first time she'd ridden around with him after the weather warmed up, and it proved to be a good first experience. It felt very different from driving a car, even if they were going down familiar routes at a normal speed. No longer contained within an enclosed cabin, the world felt closer somehow. What's more, holding her for support felt romantic somehow. As if the bike were her horse, she was a knight, and he was her prince.

After going aimlessly around town for a while, she eventually pulled up to the park, as promised. It seemed they'd lucked out with the crowds since there were only a few other people there. There was a gentle breeze, and the lake was quite calm.