Chapter two - Nobody Compares

The game came and went and after i walked the 5 minuet journey back to my room, alone. my mom called me just as i was opening the door.

"Hey Kia, so how was your first day?" she said

"Hey mom, it was fine, just like a normal day back home." i lied

"made any friends, your family are missing you."

"not many its only the first day, iv just got back so ill call you sometime tomorrow"

"okay, let me know if you need anything. bye" she said

"bye" i said

i didn't want a long conversation with her. we have never been close and always argued but we can be nice to each other for a day and then hate each other the next, so its easier to keep things short. i put some music on and started to study. there was a knock on the door and it had just turned 6:00pm, i opened it and it was lukas.

"hey kia, so your my neighbour then"

"hey yep that's me"

"well i just came over to say i can hear your music and if you could turn it down, but since its you, i don't mind"

"i can turn it down"

"its fine, don't worry about it. so you walking tomorrow?" lukas said

"yeh same as always, got to leave at 8"

"ill walk with you, that footballer person is meant to be coming in. if we stay together we'll maybe meet him"

"yeh thats cool, i'll see you at 8" i said

i shut the door and turned off the lights. i put on a dvd, sat in bed and went onto facebook with my phone. looking down my time line at what all my friends have put about there new uni or collage was funny, because most of them are up there own arses. i watched the other half of the film and then turned it off. 

i could hear Lukas talking on the phone next door. he wasn't even quiet. he said

"there is this really nice girl next door and she's a Real Madrid supporter, which is even better!" he said

there was a long pause before he started talking again and he replied

"yeh im going to get to know her better and see how it works out." 

 i wonder who lukas was talking about. they didn't end the conversation with a bye or anything they just stoped talking. 5 minuets after i put my head on the pillow and fell asleep. 

The Next Morning 

being woke up by my alarm at 6am and a new message. back home i didn't get loads of messages because people would just see me around but i moved a bit further away from home, not in another country or anything, just a couple of hours away. every morning i felt home sick, but i wasn't missing much at home.

Lukas knocked on the door at 8 like he said he would and we talked about the up coming fixtures for Real Madrid on the way. He asked me to a game but we would have to fly out to Spain for it, but it was weeks away yet.

the first hour of my lecture came and went and in the second hour, the teacher received a note and gave it to me, it read

'Kia, you and 5 others have been selected out of the 364 students taking the same course to have an opportunity to meet a experienced footballer, that can help you with your knowledge and you will write up you're experience in course work conditions. please attend at room 9 at 3:00pm' 

 would this be the footballer everyone was on about, what if it is, it must be. i have to tell lukas. on the way he gave me his number, so i should call it when i get permission to leave. all the way through the half hour i had left, i was thinking about if it was the footballer, i don't expect anything good to happen. he will just be another stuck up person i bet.