Dear Future Me: by Aika J.L Laughlin to her (my) future self

Dear Future Me,

I hope you hadn't lost hope in your dream of becoming a singer. It's a lot I think about now, and means a little more than a hobby to me currently. Continue trying your best at becoming at least a little discovered. I know that when you sing on stage it starts with a bit of trembling, but when that first chorus comes you've gained some major courage! I know this dream is very big for a small person like you, but your (our.. My..) imagination seems to have no limits. Do you remember that time you tried to convince Garrett that the window was moving in your house? And then you became a sloth? Not just any sloth, a super sloth. 2% faster than the average sloth, bit by the radiative ant eater and given the power to travel through time and freeze time.. Yeah.. You just had cough medicine.

Don't be afraid to express yourself.. I know that people put you in a depressing state when you tried to, but I know there is someone who has convinced you that you have a beautiful personality. And your style shouldn't matter either. You have a scene haircut? I don't see anybody else with it. You have band bracelets stacked on your arm? I don't see anybody else with them. You wear a necklace that your boyfriend got you from your favorite anime? It's Yui's Heart. It's beautiful. It's yours. You're his Asuna, he's your Kirito. And I sure hope that this relationship stays.. I believe it has something special, even though we have only been together for 3 months currently. I hope the spark stays..

It comes again every time I see him. I also see a little bit of him in everybody, it's STALKING me. I saw a guy walking around at the mall who was the same height as him, I saw another guy who looked like him but slightly taller with paler skin and glasses, I even saw his face in the clouds. Each time I see him I get major butterflies and I just want to fall in a fit of giggles each time! But when he hugs me its like being embraced in a comfortable warmth even though it's summer and the high is 84°... even at the pool when it's freezing and we are both soaked he hugs me and I'm back in the caressing warmth once again!

You can't tell me that you don't want to wake up beside him each morning and poke his perfect nose. Or hug him tighter before you fall asleep. Or- you get the point..

I know you only have a few wishes in life, and I hope each of them come true. The singing is a long shot and I know that 1 out of 1,000,000 people are the ones who get that dream, well, I'm that one. (Hopefully) and if not then you can try your best to become something you admire yourself. More than a handful of people has told you that you could become a model.. Even though I currently don't see the beauty in myself, but you have someone who calls you beautiful everyday. And hopefully in time you can see it for yourself.

Just remember this for now, four years isn't so long. And it will jump up and attack you before you know it. Did you see how fast this school year went by? They say it gets quicker with each passing year. THAT IS EXCITING!!!! I thought it would be a lot longer, then I decided to count- YEP I did math- and it's only 4 years. 2 for him... WOAH.
WOOOOOOAH.

"You're on a roller coaster ride only going up, my friend." - Augustus Waters

I know you're dead in the fantasy world and all, but, Augustus, you shall continue to inspire me. Or should I say John Green?
"My thoughts are stars, I cannot fathom into constellations."
I know you can't, but every now and then your thoughts connect and then something wonderful happens. Even though it usually causes pain, you can't have a rainbow without at least a little rain. So just go with it. And if life gets boring, take a turn. I've been doing that for a while now.

Remember this you.. People never change much, and I hope you change for the better.

Remember this,
Aika