Chapter 1

Izuku pov:
Doctor: sorry but it's not gonna happen.

And with that one sentence my entire world came crashing down.

Inko: w-what do you mean it's not gonna happen?

Doctor: I mean it's not gonna happen. He's quirkless

Tears start to stream down from my eyes. I'm quirkless? Maybe I can still be a hero? If i try my hardest im sure I can! I look up to my mum hoping for words of encouragement, only to find a face of disgust.

Inko: thank you sir, We'll be on our way now.

And with that she grabs my wrist and drags me out of the doctors office. Her grip is tight on my wrist.

Me: m-mummy that hurts..

Inko: shut up you useless brat!

And she throws me into the back seat of the car and slams the door. Soon after, she gets into the drivers seat and slams the other door shut. She begins driving.

The entire drive home is silent. The only noise being my muffled sobs.

Once we arrive home, she drags me into the house and slams the door behind us.

Hisashi: honey what's wrong? Did you figure out his quirk?

Inko: quirkless.

Hisashi: what...?

Inko: HES FUCKING QUIRKLESS!!

I try to scramble to my room, but my dad grabs the back of my all might shirt.

Hisashi: where do you think your going, brat?

Me: t-to m-m-my r-room

He then slaps me.

I yelp in pain as tears stream down my face.

Hisashi: TALK PROPERLY

I try my hardest not the stutter: I'm going to my room...

He then pushes me to the floor and I quickly scramble to my room.

That was the first of many times that my parents will hurt me.

==============================

Present day ( Izuku is now 8):

"Yet another painful day.." I say as I flop onto my bed. My parents abuse has gotten worse as they now use items to hurt me. My dad's favourite being a belt with spikes on it for decoration, although they are meant for decoration, they hurt like hell. My mum's favourite Weapon is 10x worse though. Her favourite is a knife. She carves words (useless, brat, pathetic, etc) into my back. It's excruciatingly painful.

But I don't hate them... not completely. What they say is true. I am useless and pathetic. Talking about my parents, I wonder where they are now?

I wonder around the apartment looking for them, only to find a note on the countertop.

Dear stupid brat,

We are going to the bar and probably won't be back till morning. Don't eat any food in the house, it's for us and your too fat for it anyway.

Hmm now what? I have nothing to eat. Well they are right. I'm so fat.

I check the time on my phone and see that it's only 3:30pm. I guess I can head to library and chill there for a bit?

I put on my bright red shoes and head to the library.

Suzan (the librarian): oh, good afternoon midoriya.

Me: good afternoon Suzan!

I'm a regular at the library, so she knows me. I usually go to the library to take a brake from my parents and get lost in the world of books.

I head over to my usual corner with pillows and blankets. The librarian made it for me awhile back , she said that sitting on the floor didn't look very comfortable.

I wonder around the library , picking any book that looks interesting, when I come across a strange book. It's labelled, vigilantes. What's strange is that it's in the hero section. How odd? I pick up the book and head back to my corner.

I sit down and open to the first page.

Hello reader, if you picked this up, then you are willing to learn about the world of vigilantism. Vigilantism is like being a hero, but it's sort of illegal. You use your guirk to help people whilst getting zero recognition! I know this may sound odd. Why do it illegal? Why not just be a hero? Well is vigilante's quirks were deemed useless by society. But we still find a way to save people! Although the illegal quirk usage lands us in jail, we still prevail!

Wow... they are kind of like me in a way. Deemed useless by society and cast away like trash. Hold up.

I immediately shot up and head to Suzan.

Me: hey Suzan?

Suzan: yes dear?

Me: do you have any books on the laws of vigilantism?

Suzan: yes ,I do. why?

Me: it just looks like a cool topic!

Suzan: indeed it is!

She goes into the back room, and brings me a book.

Suzan: here you go!

Me: thank you!

And with that I speed walk to my corner.

I flip open the book and scan the contents.

HAH YES!!! Technically, the only illegal part of being a vigilante is the illegal quirk usage!! So if I, a quirkless person, were to be a vigilante, I wouldn't go to jail!!! This is it! This is what I'll be!

A vigilante.

~856 words~