Prologue: Canon Event...

"Hi!" = Normal Talking
Hi = Person's Thoughts

xXx

Things had changed. Peter never got to speak to Miles, which left him feeling even more bitter when Miguel was spouting his beliefs. Beliefs that Peter and, more importantly, Gwen knew about. Now the story has changed... but how much?

He had hoped that Miguel would be too focused on him to think to go to the computers himself. But that was too much to hope for, seeing as Miles was now enjoying his time inside of one of the cells inside of Spider Society. That was sarcasm if you couldn't already tell.

Why didn't I use more power on him? I could've stopped him for ages if I had, Miles wonders. He keeps on thinking back to when he had finally blasted Miguel off of him while riding the train. He'd barely gotten him to the edge of the tunnel the train was riding in, which resulted in Miguel knowing what he was doing.

Miles knows exactly why he didn't; if he'd charged up anymore than he already had, Miguel's suit would've been pulled apart, and the shock would've gone into Miguel himself. It didn't take Spider-Byte to figure out that so much Electric-Power would've killed Miguel on the spot, something completely against his morals... right?

Why am I even questioning that? Of course it's against my morals, Miles felt disgusted that he even thought that way, even if it was about someone he hated with an utter passion. Speaking of which;

"How long do you plan to stand there and watch me? Don't you have planning to do for after you've watched my father die?" Miles asks bitterly as he barely spares the Futuristic Vampire Spider-Man a glance while addressing him, not that it seems to phase him. "I don't know what kind of enjoyment you think I get out of this-" "I never said that you enjoy it, all I said is that you don't have a problem with it, and that's messed up and completely against what it means to be Spider-Man," Miles interrupts in the most monotone voice he'd used all day.

"What do you know about what it means to be Spider-Man? You've hardly been one for over a year, all of us have been at it for several years." Miles lets out a bitter chuckle at that one. "And yet, I know that Spider-Man always tries his hardest to save everyone." He stands up and walks up to the edge of his cell, glaring up into Miguel's eyes. "We don't just let people die because some algorithm told us to, we try our best to defy those odds and save as many people as possible! And yet I seem to be the only one who understands that!" He walks towards the back of the cell again.

"You can't save everyone, Miles. You need to understand when to give up." He rolls his eyes as Jessica Drew chimes in. "I don't recall asking for your input." She purses her lips and simply walks away, it wasn't worth the effort. Miguel seemed to share that sentiment.

Miles sits back down as Miguel calls for... someone. Miles was just about done listening to anything, or anyone. He hears Miguel walk away, only for the stepping of normal shoes to tap on the ground right outside his cell. Miles just about has a brain aneurysm.

"Miles..." His glare, previously focused on the floor, snaps towards the outside, towards Gwen. The action freezes her because, even in the darkest moments of the, "your dad has to die," conversation, right before the chase, Miles only had a half-hatred glare that had only been pointed at Peter, but to have it, and a supercharged version of it no less, turned on her was somehow worse than his barely acknowledging her when he said that she should've never come to see him.

"Don't." He looks back down. "Just. Don't. Say. Anything." Gwen doesn't try to say anything after that, even though it's painfully clear to everyone around that she wants to, badly. Miles just keeps glaring at the floor, barely acknowledging as the other four that made up the initial six, at least to him, walked over and joined her right outside the cell.