Chapter 2: Day One In A New World

As the endless white void that had been my home for more than a 100 years slowly dimmed and flickered into nothingness, a strange blend of sensations began to permeant throughout my entire body; each sensation rapidly growing stronger and stronger with every passing second.

Simultaneously, I began to feel as though my body was being gently lifted up, all while my soul was being harshly dragged back down to earth.

I could feel fresh blood beginning to pump through my veins again, even as my lungs struggled to expand and contract; as if it was the first time they had ever had to preform such an action.

And I also felt something strange inside myself. Like something intimately familiar had suddenly become foreign again; and it was determined to kill me. I could feel that foreign something trying to burn me from the inside out all while something else healed me just as fast.

The two sensations continued to fight for dominance inside me, before mercifully, the two began to equalize and merge. And at long last I felt whole & complete once more. I still felt warm, but it was a comfortable, familiar kind of warm.

[Integration into new world successful!]

[We apologize for any discomfort you might have experienced while the origin of your powers was being adapted to better conform with this world's logic, and to your personalized backstory.]

(Author's note: Y/N is not going to have a system that talks to him throughout the entire story. It's just an easy way to convey background information in the beginning. You won't see [x] again after the next chapter)

Slowly opening my eyes, I found myself alone in a peaceful forest clearing, as small rays of light gently broke through the canopy and reflected off the nearby river; bathing me and the surroundings in a ethereal glow.

For a long while I simple laid there; enjoying the sensations I hadn't even noticed were missing. The best way to describe it was that it felt like a weird background noise had suddenly stopped, and now everything sounded much sharper and more in focus. Everything sounded fine before, but now it was perfect.

Once I had my fill, I sat up and made sure everything was in order. 10 fingers and toes, 2 eyes and ears, and one of everything else.

Though there was something strange...

"Why are my hands so tiny?" I asked aloud to no one. In fact, everything about me was suddenly much more compact then it should be.

Shuffling over towards the river, I looked at my reflection only to see a child-like version of myself staring back.

Y/N: