Chapter Three

Miguel's Pov
After a quick scan on Orlando. I rarely did things I like to do, but it always triggered me  when I learned about other versions of myself going through so much. So many dying, having happy lives and still I wanted to be selfish.. Orlando's was a special case seeing as this was the first time I had met a Spiderman who's event had to happen was his life time partner.

When he had gotten dragged off by Jess. I felt this sort of guilt way down on me, how waa he gonna handle potentially working here if seeing me is either gonna A cause great pain, or B be an even bigger distraction? Even worse my chest just felt so heavy.

Once I was alone with my thoughts and Lyla popping in and out. I had booted up a monitor to watch Orlando's events through a flash toward screen. A faint grin grew on my lips, he worked really fast and the people of his city love him. He would be such a perfect addiction.. I needed more help now with Gwen. She waa gonna be a bigger pain in my ass then anything.

"Lyla?" I turned around for a moment hearing her loud voice even more before she was responding to me quick like.

"What can I help you with boss?" I had to glance from the sight of Orlando screaming and crying holding his husband's dead body. It was like seeing myself. Feeling the pain as they kissed once last time it made me feel odd.

"Let's get Orlando his paperwork.. I want him officially work on my branch of command."

"I'm so on it!" I turn back around for a moment the tingle in my heart grew at the sight of the screen. It reminded me too much of my own past. In all universes their are different me's who are loved. Who are cares for.. And here I was still determined that nothing bad could happen.

Orlando's Pov
At first glance I was a little overwhelmed, I felt like I was gonna have a panic attack right on the sight of just all the Spider people. There was even a freaking T-Rex! I felt like it was too much to have me helping with all of this. That when Jess had to rush away. I found myself climbing all the way to The top of the building sitting on the edge. I found myself hugging my knees digging my nails into my thigh to keep myself from quivering, squeezing my eyes in a harsh manner.

That's not my husband.. That's not my husband but I want it to be. I lifted my head for just that moment to feel the blur of tears the rough breeze growing through my hair in a rough motion. "I miss you so much.. I'm sorry." Who was I even apologising to at this pointing? I felt the tingle when someone was behind me. My spidy sense.  Before I felt them place their hand on my shoulder then they were sitting besides me.

"I know I'm not him. I know that when you look at me you see pain. Maybe more guilt. I'm sorry for being harsh Orlando but I need you on this team.. You're a really goof Spiderman." I chuckled bitter like looking down at the high rush wind, glancing away from Miguel again I spoke in a gentle tone.

"I wanna help I really do... I wanna safe people you know?" I finally turned my head to pay attention to him. Maybe he was a full asshole.  He had more emotions then a few hours ago.

"What if...?  Hell I don't even let the rest say this but.. What about for now for closure pretend I'm your Miguel what would you tell him right now?" I was so quick to start choking on my laughter, exhaling. I thought he must had been playing a cruel joke on me. Yet I knew this wasn't a man who lied what would he gain from this?

"You are serious? Like dead ass!" I said through my embarrassed laughter. I then go froze up feeling him place one hand on top of my own the serious expression was there.

"Go ahead Orlando." I was thrown into laughter. Maybe I had gone mad within myself before a soft sounding sob was leaving my lips. I let my eyes face my lap, huge trembled going through my body looking at Michael's hand on my own.

"Hey there.. Its been so heavy on my chest but.. I'm so sorry that I didn't save you.. I'm so sorry my love that I tried but it wasn't hard enough.. Everyone lost someone so smart. Such a grump but you cared about everyone like no other. God I miss you." My voice cracked a little in place, trying to make my sobs be more quiet.

"I miss you so much..." It was silence, besides the city air before I felt Miguel place his hand on my shoulder blade squeezing at it in a tight manner.

"You did everything you could to save me.. and I'll always be thankful for that. Keep saving lives in my memory and I miss you just as much." I stared up at Miguel seeing the soft expression through his eyes. I found my own faint smile growing gazing at him more.

"Thank you.. Thank you for that." I placed my hand over his own shutting my eyes. It wasn't much but.. For now it could be closure.