t h r e e :3

Mr. Know It All - Kelly Clarkson

All four of us were laying on the floor on a pile of blankets Izzy and Will laid out for us to sleep on.

"So, what's on the agenda for tonight?" I asked, leaning my body back against Izzy's as we leaned back against the couch. What can I say? I'm Mr. Steal Your Girl.

"Let's just talk before we go to bed. Nothing loud though, Will's already asleep." Izzy said with a smile.

"Can we talk about how my bitch was stolen?" Tommy said, a dramatic sigh leaving his lips.

"That's it." Izzy said, pulling out her phone and sending a message to someone before throwing it at Tommy.

"You texted my mum! She's gonna ground me for calling you a bitch!" Tommy said, a small smile on his face.

"I hope she does, asshole." Izzy said, smiling back. "I'm Caroline's bitch now, better be careful."

"How the turn tables!" Tubbo said loudly, causing me to shush him. There was a loud bang from upstairs followed up by rushed footsteps down the stairs.

"You okay?" Izzy asked, concern whipping through her like a wildfire. I could practically feel her body stiffen under me.

"Mhm." He hummed, trying to find his shoes.

"A harmony callin ya?" Izzy asked, biting her lip with fiend happiness.

"Yeah, i'll be gone most of the night. Don't-Don't trash the place. Be back in the morning. Love you goodnight." He rushed out before the door closed behind him.

"What the fuck was that?" Tubbo was the first to speak up after very long minutes of silence following the departure.

"Band practice he was late to. I should've woken him up, I just forgot." Izzy lied, don't know why she lied, but I wouldn't push it. You get to know people's tells after a while, what surprised me more than catching her in a lie, was that Tommy didn't.

"In the middle of the night?" Tommy asked, raising an eye in skepticism.

"Fuck off about it, jesus christ, Tom." Izzy said, rolling her eyes and pulling out her phone. I got up to use the bathroom and give Izzy some space. Once I got back, all hell had broken loose.

"My issue is that you don't know when to stop sometimes, Tom!" Izzy yelled. Tubbo immediately grabbed my arm before I could walk completely from the hallway and into a war zone.

"I asked a damn question, Iz, am i not allowed that anymore?"

"Never said that!"

"Then why are we even arguing!" Tommy yelled, trying to hold back a laugh. I could hear Izzy starting to laugh herself as she answered.

"Because you're stupid."

"Is it safe?!" Tubbo screamed, making me hold back my own laughter.

"No fuck off!" Tommy yelled back in response. I peaked my head around the corner and saw they were laying down on the floor side by side.

"Do you just do this after fights? Lay on the floor like a bunch of bozos?" I asked, sitting with my knees to my chest next to Tommy's body.

"Basically." Izzy shrugged, smiling at the boy who laid next to her.

"So, anything from Ash?" I asked to nobody in particular. The silence was deafening but was an answer in and of itself. "Take that as a no."

"I called her a week and a half ago, but nothing beyond that. Last we talked she wasn't in the best state, so I just assume it could only be worse. Anything from Ran?" Tommy asked and I was silent in answering that too. How did our friend group get so fucked?

"I don't even have the patience to text him." Tommy said with an eye roll. Izzy rolled her eyes back and moved to sit on the couch.

"Really?" Tommy asked, seemingly fed up.

"I moved locations?" Izzy asked, being stubborn as all hell.

"Listen, I'm not about to listen to you guys fight my first night here. So save it, pack it up, do whatever you need to do to move it along so that we can have a civil conversation. If that means not talking about our friends who obviously need help, then that means a new topic. So shut the hell up, move the hell on, and let's be happy." I ranted, taking a deep breath afterward.

"Agreed." Tubbo said, backing me up.

"Thank you, Toby." I said with a laugh, leaning my head back to look at him. He ruffled my hair and I smiled, taking in how happy he looked.

I could get used to this.