Prologue

Prologue
Birthday Celebrations

Someone's point of view:

The days that cherish the moments of living where the sun now shines, the flowers bloom,the sea waves, and the trees dance as the wind breezes gently and warmly. And as the night appears, the moon shines in the gloomy darkness, and the stars glow, sparkling everywhere.

Galen Trouver & Galvin Traiver

Makikita sa isang kwartong may puting dingding ang mga letrang nakaukit doon. At mayroon ding mga litrato ng sanggol ang makikitang nakadikit sa palibot nito. Mayroon noong kapapanganak pa lang ng sanggol habang sila ay makikita sa glass crib ng hospital. Mayroon din noong nasa bahay na sila at natutulog sa kanilang kuna. At ilang pang mga litrato na sila ay bagong ligo, bumubungisngis, at dumedede ng gatas.

It was a moment that turned out to be a significant memory of each other. No one wants to forget. It's already written inside someone's heart and soul.

A loud cry suddenly seized the silent night. And it was followed by a cry of a baby who just woke up.

"Thross..." inaantok na pagtawag ni Griezela sa kanyang asawa na nakayakap sa kanya habang ang ulo nito ay nakasiksik sa kanyang leeg.

"Hmmm..." inaantok na sagot din nito.

"The twins are already awake," she giggled, and there's a hint of tiredness in her voice.

Napaangat tuloy si Thross. And their eyes met each other, having to see the dark circles under their eyes.

"Again," Thross uttered sighly that made her wife laugh.

"Let's go," Griezela mumbled and tapped the cheek of his husband.

Sabay na silang bumangon sa kanilang kama saka nagtungo sa crib na siyang katabi lang din ng kama nila. Halos sabay nilang kinuha ang sanggol. Thross lifted the baby who first cried and tried to hush it. While Griezela held the baby who just woke up because of the cry of the first one, swaying her body slowly while holding the baby.

"Shhh... Tahan na, Galvin," pagpapatahan ni Thross habang inihehele niya ito.

Griezela smiled seeing her husband doing that. At katulad din nito ay hinele niya ang hawak na baby.

"Ang cute niyo," biglang sabi ni Griezela habang may matamis na ngiti sa labi.

Despite the hardships, you can still see the beauty of its little acts.

Thross looked up and saw his wife looking at them smiling so wide. Ilang beses tuloy siyang napailing habang may hindi napapalis na ngiti sa labi.

"I love you," sagot nito at lumapit sa kanya saka mabilis na pinatakan ng halik ang labi nito.

"Tumahan na sila," Griezela laughed.

"Tulog na rin si Galvin," Thross mumbled as he glanced to his son he's holding.

"Galen too," Griezela smiled as she looked on his son, sleeping peacefully.

Sabay nilang nilapag ng dahan-dahan sa kuna ang mga ito. Parehas silang kinakabahan na baka magising na naman.

And they both let out a heavy sigh when they didn't wake up and cry.

"Mission accomplished," Thross whispered. And Griezela laughed silently. They both headed to their bed and take the rest they really deserve.

"Good night, love," Griezela uttered as she hugged her husband.

Thross kissed the forehead of his wife as he whispered, "Good night, love," and embraced her tightly.