𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

one week later.
may 19, 2023.
seattle, washington.

Melina

I'm woken up by not only the sun shining through the window. But by a phone notification.

I groan stretching my arms grabbing my phone off the nightstand. I tap the screen seeing a message from Jace.

Event starts at 1:00pm.

I let out a yawn nodding my head sending him a text back letting him know I'll be there before laying it back on the stand.

Today is College Decision Day which means Jace will officially be picking his school today.

Over the past couple of weeks, Donovan and I have been helping him narrow it down to as few schools as we could. And he now has his top 5.

Syracuse, Duke, Kentucky, Texas, and UCLA.

Whatever decision he makes, it's the best one for him and we'll support him the whole way.

I rub my eyes feeling a weight on my stomach. I look down to see Donovan's arm draped across me.

My eyes trail up to his face and I chuckle at his mouth wide open snoring loudly state.

Jace slept over Mia's last night so Donovan and I were up all night partaking in some...activities.

And now this is a result of that.

Just then, both of our alarms go off and I sigh pressing mine looking back at him to see he's still asleep. "D."

He doesn't move and my eyes narrow. "Don."

"Spida." I said, this time a little louder.

I put my finger under his nose feeling his breath and I sigh. I grab my pillow propping up on my knees before swinging at him.

"Vernell! Turn that damn alarm off!"

He jolts awake grabbing me and snatching the pillow out my grasp. "What are you doing?"

"Turn that shit off." I said slapping his chest.

He wipes a hand down his face before blindly pressing the button. "Why didn't you just wake me up regularly?"

I look at him shocked scoffing at him. "I did! I called you every fucking name possible and you still didn't answer."

He motions me to come here with two fingers and I straddle him. "Hm?"