01.

"before I was your mom, I had a different life."

"It was way back in 2013, I was just 22 and starting out my career as new nurse in Munich. and I was sharing an apartment with my best friend and your aunt Sarah Brandner. My life was good. "

18 years ago

"He proposed, Basti proposed to me." My best friend Sarah squealed, she raised her hand up to her face and indeed there was the big diamond ring on her finger. It was as shiny as the moon.

"wow I cannot believe it." I stared at it, envy naturally filled my heart. I was happy for Sarah of course but. I longed for a man of my own to love me and the feeling of him getting down to one knee and proposing to me.

"I was so surprised. It was really beautiful the way he did it." She sighed, fanning her face. "We were at a restaurant and he had the waiters and waitresses flash mob me in front of the entire place and at the end he just got down to one knee and he asked me. I was so surprised, I started just crying hysterically."

Bastian Schweinsteiger was the ultimate boyfriend, he was sweet and supportive. He was always there for Sarah and lets not forget how dashingly handsome he was. He was loyal as well and that may not seem like a big deal but for a international football star who had girls fall on their feet every second it could get hard to keep your eyes from lingering but not bastian, he only had eyes for Sarah and I absolutely adored him for that.

It was always Sarah, Bastian and me. But now it was going to be Sarah and Bastian and then me. how depressing was that. After Sarah announced the news about her and Basti, I decided to call my other friend Ann-Kathrin. She always had the greatest advices about love. That's what was so great about her, she was so much more experienced in that field than i'll ever be.

"Who cares if they're getting married? I say its a positive, now you have the entire apartment to yourselves and if you do get lonely just make Bastian introduce you to some of his teammates." She suggested.

"Ann that's the problem, I don't want to be lonely anymore. I want to settle down and be in love with someone." I said, "I want to be with someone that makes me haply and I make them happy, I want to have what Bastian and Sarah have."

"honey, guys like Bastian come around once in a lifetime." Ann-kathrin said playing with her hair, curling the ends on her finger tip. "What you need is a big buff macho man."

"ugh not again." I rolled my eyes, when she was like this, it meant she had some sort of secret blind date set up for me. Last time she though I needed a nice smart guy and she set me up with a scientist and all he talked about was physics.

"fine, let's go out right now." She said, standing up and flattening her tight little black dress. "It'll be fun, me, you and sarah."

"okay." I reluctantly agreed, without even trying to decline her offer. Every time I did, she'd find a way to persuade me into going to her night clubs.

I changed into a black laced pencil skit with a matching laced long sleeved crop top. I found Sarah already ready as well. "Let's go to this place, it's called Karma it's really popular."

we arrived at karma in style, we went through the line like we were VIP. Sarah called it props for dating one of the most famous german footballers. I think they only let us in easily because it was ladies in free night.

"okay, Giselle see any eligible bachelors tonight?" Ann-kathrin asked bumping her shoulders onto mine.

"mhm no." My eyes scanned the millions of people who was either engaged in dancing, talking or drinking some type of liqor. "wait."