The best brother on obx

Set 9 months before season 1

Jj~John B
(mention of Big John)

It was early in the morning when John B woke up with a headache. He wasn't able to sleep very well at that night, whyever. He doesn't even know why.

He gets up with a very strange feeling. It is a pressure on his chest that trembles him while walking and doing his day routine.

The boy gets up slowly and walks sleepy to the kitchen first. Of course, first the kitchen then the bathroom. He searchs for something to drink and maybe a little thing to eat.

It's very silently this morning. No dad calling his name, no work noises. Nothing. Maybe it's because of the fight his dad and he had the day before.

Carefully he starts to walk around to the other rooms after being in the bathroom. The last room is his dad's work room. Slowly he opens the door to reveal an empty room. His dad isn't in the livingroom nor in his own room.

Now John B gets kind of worried. Usually his dad would be here anywhere at this time.

John B leaves the chateau and walks in the garden. The twinkie still stands there and nobody is in the garden.

He picks out his phone and calls his dad but his dad doesn't pick up. When he walks over to the twinkie, he suddenly can see a little paper hanging on it.

The words standing there hurt his chest second by second more. Am gone. Will be back after a while. Take care of everything as usual. Sorry for the fight yesterday. John B frowns. Dad is on his hunt trip again and couldn't tell those things his own son face to face? Is he serious?

John B feels such an anger coming towards him before he could even stop it. It was always like that and even after a fight he wouldn't come to his son and tell it himself.

The boy lets the paper fall down and walks into the twinkie. He shuts the door and drives off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was wednesday now. It's been 6 weeks now since Big John is gone and John B drives crazy. No letters, no calls and no sign of his dad. Was he really that mad at John B that he would even break the contact with him while being gone?

No, his dad isn't like that. He would never do that. Big John was a good father. He often leaves weeks or months for a hunt or gets angry at his son but that's okay as long as he treats John B well. It was okay for John B. He had a big luck to have him.

He thinks about Luke. Poor Jj has to live his whole childhood with that man. He was violent, always drunk and abusive. For sure Jj wasn't as lucky as John B has been. John B even asked big John once if he could adopt Jj but sadly this wish never came true. Big John would say I'm sorry bird, but Jj isn't my son. As long as he doesn't want any help there's nothing I can do. And you know how Luke is.

Of course John B knows how this psycho is but still. He just wished to help Jj. His dad always cared for him anyway. They looked like a family. When Big John isn't over here, Jj misses him too. A lot. Very much.

John B sits outside on a little chair until he hears a car pulling up behind him. He doesn't think much of it and even thinks it could maybe be his dad who stole a car to come back. Now he hears the car door slamming and footsteps coming near. Maybe it's someone of the kooks too. He doesn't really want a fight now and couldn't imagine the kooks to come to the cut.