chap. vii

CW: Gore, body horror, yandere/possessive behaviour (you can stop squinting now).

.

.

Being able to open your eyes again wasn't something that you were expecting.

That wasn't to say that you were expecting to keep them closed forever either, despite what you went through who knows how long ago.

The vision of that monster's iridescent blade stabbing into your throat was just that; a vision. But thanks to being brought back to life, it became a vivid memory, possessing a sensation of which that you struggled to get rid of.

You could just hear the way your blood poured out of the wound that was now closed up. The charge held within the iridescent blade transferring over to your blood; causing it to reach a boiling degree and leave burn marks across your skin as it slowly dripped down your neck. However, a great amount of time must have passed from then to now because the pain wasn't much. That might've been because of how swift your death was — suffering a stab right into your cerebellum didn't leave you any time to feel pain — and the sensation on your throat was nothing other than a tingly one served with a side of ache, but that wouldn't explain why you felt the same thing on your back.

You sat up slowly, not bothering to look at your surroundings as you tried to reach your back only to be gently pushed back on whatever you were lying on.

"Your body needs rest," you heard Yi Sang tell you softly, bringing his hand to your cheek and gently cupping it, "do not be so hasty as I shall be the one to bring you whatever you may need."

Of course your body needed rest, but that could wait until you figured out what was going on with your back.

"I know that but—"

Yi Sang cut you off by placing his thumb on your lips; effectively shutting you up. "You need not worry, I will make sure that your body and mind both recover from this event."

Yeah... no. You were not recovering mentally, not now and certainly not ever, but you weren't about to tell Yi Sang that and ruin his mood. His face was expressionless as always, but you didn't miss the hint of relief hidden in his eyes; one that was probably caused by the fact that you weren't permanently dead. Aside from simply being rude, telling him that you weren't going to recover would turn that relief into concern and you weren't going to do that to him after everything he — and Hong Lu — went through.

"Alright," you sighed. You really wanted to see what was up with your back but you supposed that could wait for the time being. Asking Yi Sang about it did occur to you, but you weren't sure if he was aware that there was some kind of wound on your back and you weren't going to bother him more by making him aware of it in case he wasn't.

Yi Sang nodded, a brief smile appearing on his lips as his hand slowly left your cheek. "Do call for me when you need to." With that, he left your side and walked off to another part of the train; leaving you by yourself.

Since there wasn't anyone to talk to you or entertain you, you might as well observe your surroundings.

The most obvious thing to note was that you were in a standard W Corp train, and since you weren't greeted by a medical staff member but by Yi Sang instead, you figured that you were still in that accursed dimension.

Your body was laying on top of the combined cushions of three passenger seats. It was a little awkward, but the lack of armrests on the seats made your position just a little bit more comfortable. Underneath your head was what you first thought was a flat pillow, but then figured that it was your uniform's coat neatly folded up and placed beneath your head.