Chapter 1

Dawko's fingers fumbled on the VR headset that was clasped comfortably around his head, trying to take it off. But it wasn't budging. At all.

***

British youtuber Dawko had been filming the last video in his FNAF VR series and, so far, things had been going well. He'd managed to get through each night, all while the sound of his screaming and yelling filled the room, and had even got all of the developer tapes that would unlock a new ending, something that viewers had been requesting. And, now here he was, watching as Glitchtrap approached him and was about to possess the character that he played. But, as the game continued, Dawko could feel himself slowly lose control of his body. He frowned.

'Er...Guys? I don't think this weird feeling is supposed to happen...' Dawko said confused and stepped back. Glitchtrap's haunting smiling self stepped forward too and tilted his head.

'Why are you trying to escape? You knew what you were in for!' Glitchtrap gleefully says and giggled.

Dawko now panicked and tried to get the VR headset off, but it wouldn't budge. It was like it was superglued to his head. He yells out, looking round, but could only see the curtains of the pizzeria stage and the surrounding darkness, which was slowly turning purple.

Dawko frowns and turns back to Glitchtrap, who was still giggling.

Wait...everything was now turning purple!

Dawko screams and tries to remove the headset again, but it was no use. He could feel himself slipping, and his movements were starting to disobey him. Dawko kept yelling and struggling until...

Everything was purple...and Dawko lowered his arms. A trickle of blood fell from his eyes from underneath the headset and he collapsed, a blank expression on his face.

However, in the game, Glitchtrap looked down at himself proudly. What was once yellow costume hands were now fleshy, stitched up hands. He patted his neck then head and felt hair and skin instead of bunny ears and a mascot costume; he had a human body! Finally! He smiled and immediately ran to the nearest mirror, looking at himself. Aside from the bright purple eyes and stitched up hands, it was Dawko, now in a white shirt and purple bow tie and waistcoat. Glitchtrap bounced on his toes happily.

'A little too tall for my liking, but good enough!' He announced gleefully then turned round...and his face dropped. He looked at the brightly lit room, the clean tables, decorated with coloured table covers and party hats, the balloons, the stage...

He was still stuck in the game.

Glitchtrap widened his eyes and grabbed his head, breathing heavily: why was he still here?! He should've transferred into the real world so what happened?

He then ran back to the stage, where the control panel was; his old body would still be there. He started to look hopeful as he neared the panel, and practically fell over it as he dived into the panel box. But his face fell again, with a mixture of confusion and horror, as he looked over it: there was nothing there.

He started breathing quickly before completely losing it screaming. His plan had completely failed.

***

It had been a month now, and Glitchtrap was sitting on stage, looking up at the Freddy, Bonnie and Chica animatronics. He looked very pale and shell shocked and his uniform was blood stained and very creased.

Over the last few weeks, he'd been retrying his plan from scratch: with each player that entered, he'd hunt them down and, by the end of their playthrough, try to possess them. But it wouldn't work now, allowing the player to leave unscathed. So, he got impatient. And he attacked. For the past week, he would slash the players' throats whenever the possession wouldn't work. Shocked, they'd hold their necks, looking at Glitchtrap confused and shocked, but would then disappear, marking their exit from the game.

So here he was, alone on stage. He glared at the animatronics: their blank smiles were mocking him, telling him he deserved this. He growled and scrambled to his feet and looked up at them.

'Fuck you! I did what I had to do now to survive!' Glitchtrap growls, Dawko's British voice seeping through a little, mixed with Glitchtrap's strange staticky voice. The animatronics blank stares didn't move and Glitchtrap huffs, stepping back to the edge of the stage. He then sat down and hugged his knees.

Now what? He was trapped here in the game, alone and without his old body. With no working plan of getting out.

He was stuck here...forever.