Chapter 2

Vanessa hesitated, her finger lingering over the trigger button on her VR headset. She knew she promised another video of 'Five Nights At Freddys: Help Wanted', but she was also scared. She never liked horror; it scared her too much, and she always needed to calm herself after experiencing any fictional horror media.

But she had said she would continue this game on her Youtube channel.

'Ok...you can do this...I'm near the end anyway' She muttered under her breath as she lowered the headset onto her face, thus escaping reality. She'd already made sure everything was recording numerous times; she wasn't going to re-record this! Vanessa took a deep, slow breath before clicking into the game.

'Ok...syncing...1, 2, 3!' She said while the game was loading. She did this a couple more times while getting into the game; she was also stalling.

'Ok, here we go I guess' she muttered, then smiled and clacked the VR controllers together, before introducing the video.

'Hey and welcome back to FNAF Help Wanted! So, last time we were here, we managed to get all the tapes but, for some reason, nothing happened. Er...I've tried to look online for a solution, but nothing's come up-what the hell?' She said as she loaded the game. Looking round the main party room, she could see the stage and purple starry curtain, as well as the balloons, tables and Prize Corner. But, when she looked to the right doorway, the glitchy rabbit wasn't there. She'd got so far into the game that Glitchtrap had started to form a solid shape, forever waving.

Instead, there was a man standing in the doorway, waving at her.

From what she could see, the man had glowing purple eyes and wore a white shirt, purple bow tie and purple waistcoat that was covered in white stars. His black jeans were slightly ripped, and his clothing looked creased and dirty. But the biggest difference was the lack of glitching, and rabbit mascot head.

'Erm, what is going on? Is this a new update or something?' Vanessa wondered aloud, sounding nervous. 'He looks familiar...but...I can't get a good look at him' she muttered, trying to refocus the headset. But no matter how sharp the rest of the image was, the man didn't seem to stay in focus. It was as if he didn't want to be seen.

Vanessa frowned, 'Ok...that's...weird. Guys, I have no idea what's going on, but let's go back into the room with the tapes' she said, hoping she sounded calm; while this was unusual, she had a video to record.

She pulled the lever that would take her into the UV world of Nightmare Mode. Many, many hours had already been spent here, as she'd screamed and yelled her way through the more difficult mini games. But the tape player on the side was what she was after. Before pressing the 'play' button, she looked warily towards the doorway again: the man was still there waving.

'Ok, let's see if the tapes work this time' she said a little louder for the video. The game beeped as she pressed the play button and was transported to the tape room. It was as dark as ever...except all the tapes she'd collected were gone from the shelves in this area.

'Ok, what the fuck is going on?!' Vanessa yelled, now more confused and annoyed than scared. Looking round frantically, she couldn't see any sign of the tapes; had her save data been wiped?! She growled in frustration and looked down.

There they were all sprawled across the game area floor.

Vanessa blinked, staring at the mess. Something really wasn't right; she would've known if the game had been updated, because she would've gotten notified of it.

'Ok guys...I really don't know what's going on, but let's just play a tape and see what happens' she says, now trying to hide her nervousness. She bent down a little to pick up a tape: tape #46. She frowned: there were only 16 tapes in the whole game. Where had this one come from?!

'Developers, I swear if you've placed a secret update in here, I am going to freak' she said, trying to make a joke out of the situation. However, she was scared...and curious. She placed the tape in the player and pressed play.

'I made contact with the purple man today. He actually talked to me for the first time.'

'Wait what? There's usually a woman talking. Who are you?' Vanessa splutters. This voice belonged to a male; his voice was deep and had an American accent. Vanessa just quietly listened as this man explained how he spoke to the purple guy but it had possessed a British youtuber.

'From what I can tell, William Afton wanted to break free from this game by taking control of a player that decided to play. But...I'm guessing it didn't work because the person he took control of was sucked into the game' the man explained.

Vanessa just stood still, listening. She eventually frowned under the headset, 'wow, talk about too much exposition' she joked, chuckling for the first time since starting the game up.

'I a̷gree.̛ H̨e's͝ sa̵id t͢o͘o͜ ͝m̛uch́.̢'

Vanessa screamed, jumping, as the glitchy gleeful voice suddenly spoke up behind her. She quickly turned round and saw two wide, amused purple eyes staring at her in the darkness. She widened her eyes and yelled out.

'WHO ARE YOU?!' Vanessa screamed, shielding herself suddenly.

The eyes just stared at her, and the glitchy voice giggled at her fear.

'Willi̴am ͢my͏ ̨dea̶r. ͟But I he͘a̷rd ͟so͡me ̴o̕f̶ ̢y͏o̷u͢ ͝h͘a͡ve͢ a̵ ̵d̶įff͘ere͘nt̸ n̷ame͘ for͟ ̨me̢' the voice responded.

Vanessa frowned then, before she could respond, yelped as the room suddenly changed, and merged back to the party room. She looked round frantically: why had that happen?! Did anything change?! But looking round she could see that, no, nothing had changed. The party room was as empty as ever. She huffed, before reaching to remove the headset.

But it wouldn't budge. Now, she grew worried as she kept tugging on the headset, but it was no use.

'HE ̀tried̕ th̕at too̧. ͝No͏t ̡go͢ing̛ t͟o͠ w͠o̧rk͢;̧ ̨Ì h̢av̨e͜ you̶ h͢e͘re now̢.' William suddenly said.