Chapter 6

Tristin's pov
I was very confused about how my child knew Jade they'd never met before this should be the first time. I turn around and look at Hazel and Xavier.  I look back in the room seeing my daughter with the biggest smile.

After a few minutes dinner started and on the right of me was Jade and Phoenix sat right next to her request while Hazel and Xavier sat in front of us. We ate dinner which was Lasagna and garlic bread and talked to each other. ( I don't want to write a dinner scene) once we were done me and Jade volunteered to clean the table while everyone else went to the living room.

We walked to the kitchen to put the dishes in the dishwasher" So how come you know Phoenix" I asked while unloading the dishwasher " I met her a the park earlier today" she said rinsing off the plates and hanging them to me. " She came up to me and she asked me some questions before realizing she couldn't find you and I helped her get back to you." She said with a small smile handing me some more dishes. " So you helped her find me." She nodded her head and turned off the water once we were done.

"Thank you," I tell her going to grab some paper towels to dry my hands." it's no problem," she says with a shrug of her shoulders " Hey do you wanna go out to the porch with me" she asks looking up at me "yeah sure" and with that she leaves the kitchen and walks to the back porch with me following. We go and sit down on the porch swing feeling the nighttime breeze from the autumn air. " So how come you moved to Texas" I asked looking over at her "Well I went there for college and once that was over I wanted to move back home" I nodded my head and looked back over at the yard.

I looked back over to her and noticed that her eyes were closed and she had a small smile on her face I continued to look I saw a little feckless on her cheeks. "You're staring," she says opening her eyes and looking at me ."Well it's hard not to stare at someone very beautiful"

I say and her eyes widen and she quickly turns her head back to the yard. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you were hitting on me," she said looking back at me with a smile. "And what if I am, " I said back with a smile. She rolls her eyes and stands up looking down at me "Then I'd tell you to get my number before you continue." She says and winks before walking back into the house. I shake my head and walk in after her.

I get into the living room and see Phoenix sleep on the couch next to Daisy I walk over to pick her up so we can go. "If you want you can stay in the other guest bedroom," Xavier says looking at the sleeping child in my arm. "It's fine she has dance class tomorrow anyway"

" Okay see you tomorrow," Xavier says walking towards the stairs "I'll walk you out," Jade says grabbing Phoenix's coat. We walk out the door to my car. I open the door and put Phoenix in her car seat trying not to wake her up.

I close the door and turn around to see Jade holding her arms with the coat in one hand."Here's her coat drive home safe" she says turning around to walk back inside the house. "Can I get your number?" I ask before she is in the door. She turns her head enough to look at me before saying "It's not that easy" and closing the door. I nod my head get in the car and go home.

*************

I am happy to get this chapter out seeing as I have testing tomorrow but I hope you enjoyed ❤️❤️

please vote and comment