CHAPTER II : THE HALLS

Wendy spun her hands across the wheel as she pulled her car into the school parking lot, exhaling a sharp sigh of relief as she cast a glance at her clock-- she would have plenty of time. Well, Wendy blamed the rush on her practical overthinking and fear-- teachers' pet duty calls, right? Wendy laughed at that, adjusting her glasses and pulling her keys put from the ignition, swinging her car door open and slamming it behind her-- the loud beep of the car doors locking ringing through her ears as she made the grand escape to the hallways of South Park Highschol.

Wendy's white sneakers squealed and squeaked against the slick tile patterned floors, her hand immediately rising to wave instinctively at familiar faces with a wide, yet at the same time, completely fake smile. Her legs carried her automatically to her boyfriend Stan's locker.

"Hey, babe!" Wendy grinned, completely one-hundred-percent real this time. Stan made her feel some sort of way that made her heart skip a beat and flutter in her chest-- like when she was around him, everything was right in the world.
"Oh, uh, hey dude." Stanley shrugged with a dull nod and blank expression, paying more attention to his messy, tornado-ravenged locker as he flipped through his loose stacks of papers and disorganized workbooks, desperate to find the proper one for his next class.
Wendy blinked, but her smile stayed nonetheless- simply faded a tad, drooping in the corners of her face where her smile lines were prominent. "So, how're you?" She looked at him, feeling her face heat up as she examined his features that were nothing short of perfect in her eyes.
"Uh, fine I guess, man. I gotta go. Kyle's waiting for me." His eyes seemed to brighten slightly at the last sentence, though he tried to hide it as he turned on his heels, scurrying down the halls as quick as possible.

The bell chimed and rang through the corridors, causing a bustling hustle to erupt in the hallways as Wendy dove through the crowd, eventually finding her way to Bebe Stevens, Rebecca McArthur, Heidi Turner, Nichole Daniels, and the rest of the girls huddled up into a circle, whispering about something. As Wendy approached, (mostly) all of them grinned, some scooting outwards to make space in the circle for Wendy. She shuffled inside, listening intently at the last minute of the conversation before they all departed, heading to their classes.

Thankfully, Wendy wouldn't be left alone; Heidi and her shared a homeroom, so they'd be together for first period and she had Bebe and Nichole with her the next. Wendy was glad for the convenience of it, however, she could be considered fairly popular amongst the school; so Wendy usually always had someone to exchange words to, whether they knew each other extremely well or not, she always loved to spark up random little debates or talks.