chapter 6 | blasé

—part 1 ☆

————————————————————————————————————————DICTIONARY:

      —blasé:  unconcerned about something 

————————————————————————————————————————

A room surrounded with books, everywhere you'll look. Deeper into the wooden shelves, Stood 4 tweens with a determined plan to escape. Eager to escape from this Farm. Grassy-Green eyes staring at a Map.

"So, our Map was established in 2010.." Emma frowned.

"Now that I think of it. We don't even know where we are right now!" Emma was in disbelief, Elizabeth looked at her as she read the Map.

"Well, we can see that the Sun rises from the south. We must be in the Northern Hemisphere. We also have 4 seasons, so it's safe to say we're closer to The Hemisphere." Ray spoke against Emma's sayings.

Norman was in a corner reading, focused on his work as He was desperate to Escape. Elizabeth signed upon how they don't know much about their surroundings. They were all equally curious and unaware of what the future held for them.

"There are also Demons who await us and We're fully caged by Walls. We can't gain much with only this Information. " Elizabeth added as Ray stared at her with his forest greens.

Emma looked at the Map. She was upset, but she wasn't going to give up.

I want power, enough power to keep everyone alive.

"Checking the Cameras, Checking what's beyond the fence and Getting our Hands on Those "Ropes"." Ray listed Everything they had done so far. Everyone was focused on his words.

"Things have been going so smooth so far. What's Next?" He said as he turned around to Norman.

"So smooth that it's terrifying." Elizabeth said as she looked up to all of them. They looked back at her as her words could be true.

"Ray!"

"Elizabeth!"

"Emma!"

"Norman!"

"Mama.." Emma realized after hearing Her Voice. Their expectations of escape easily from this place were just becoming lower with this Woman they call Mother.

Standing in the Hallway were two kids. As the other 4 arrived. Isabella had seemed to be amused by what was going on in her mind. Emma stood beside Gilda. As she looked the Woman in front of her, scared to look more.

"What is it, Mom?" asked Don, confidently with a smile. Isabella smiled even wider, with a tint of mischief.

"Will you all Help me with some chores?" hearing that question Emma straightened up. Another distraction.

              ★★★

All of them were taken to a room, which seemed to be locked up for ages. Dirt covered everywhere, neatly. Now, it was going to be cleaned by the kids Isabella had especially chosen. 

Elizabeth was dusting the table, as she coughed upon the dust filling the air. It was the same with everyone, but lesser with The Boys as they were connecting some parts to form a Bed. Emma & Gilda were wiping the floor. Emma clearly did not like doing this. She didn't hate doing chores, She hates them as an oppression.

It has been 3 days since that night.

"At this point, she's just doubting us!" Emma worried as she watched Elizabeth wiping the plates. Viewing how focused Elizabeth was, Emma took her by the shoulders about to bring her back to reality.

"Because the younger ones haven't showed her any reaction. So, it's Normal for her to suspect the older ones." Ray interrupted their interaction. Emma looked at him, naïvely. 

"There's no need to worry, Emma. We don't need to show her our weakness. Just act Normal & We'll be fine. She still doesn't even know who exactly those 2 kids were." Norman comforted Emma as he gave her his typical closed-eyed smile.

Emma looked at them as she had  regained her confidence. Her eyes sparkled with Hope. She smiled at them in relief.

    these two have always been clam, since the day I met them. I see, this is what they call..."strategy".

"It's nice of you two to comfort Emma, but we still need to think. Why are we cleaning this room anyways? We all have enough rooms, then for who are we doing this for?"

Elizabeth said as her attention was now on the two boys. Emma looked at her in realization. Ray & Norman turned to face Elizabeth, as they now were equally realizing. Ray looked down with his hand covering his mouth.

Norman & Emma looked at each other, both of them were similarly disturbed. Elizabeth just stood there watching their expressions change.

                                            I always ruin their happiness..

"you're actually..right." Ray said as he was still trying to process Elizabeth's words. A sweat drop visible on his face.

"How did I not think of this?" Norman mumbled looking away from Emma.

It was always like this, Mom was always 2 steps ahead of us.

Emma was too tired of this situation. It was like they had no where to go. No safe space existed for them. Another obstacle was making its way for them.

"Another Enemy.." Emma said contacting Elizabeth.

Elizabeth regretted revealing what could happen. She clutched her pristine sweater's pocket. Well, at least they will not be unaware. Nonetheless, They were all particularly in distress.

"The main problem is that it's already day 3 of this.." Ray broke the silence of their conversation.

All they had been doing was organizing the food supply, checking every extra bed sheet in the house for damages and cleaning up an unused room. All their time & energy to think was being wasted.

Elizabeth stared at the latticed window & its green forest. As she could clearly hear the laughters of unaware orphans of misfortunes. Living in their delusions. They were all living a life together, that could've been happier when it ended with death.

Amongst those orphans was a woman, a noticeably tall one. The one that loves them for her benefits. She smirked staring at her pocket watch.

a mother she was who loved them 'til death.

————————————————————————————

we meet again, my dearest reader!

I hope you're doing great. If not then don't worry life has ups & downs, you'll get your good times :) This is officially the 6th chapter of my fanfic. I didn't know this would come out to be a mega chapter!  

Did you like it? ^^

thank you for your time, have a good day 🌷

————————————————————————————