ONE

"Soo... you know Sam and Colby, right?" Kris asked me, typing something on her phone. I looked away from my switch to look at her curiously.

"Yeah, I do. Why?" I looked back at my switch, playing animal crossing: new horizons. It's quite a good game if im being honest. Sometimes the objectives is very unclear, i dont know where to go next.

Kris continued, "Well, they recently messaged Celina and I if we wanted to go to this haunted place in California." she paused to take a sip of her drink, then continued again. "They also said we could bring a plus one, so im asking you."
I blankly stared at her, seeing if she was joking.

She wasnt joking.

She was serious.

I put my switch down, pausing the game. "Hello? Do you know who you're talking to?" Kris looked up at me, taking another sip of her water. She looked me up and down.

"Millie?" She replied, confused.

"Um, yeah! You know I hate haunted places. Why even bother asking me?" I got up and walked to the kitchen to find a snack. I was really eating much at the time, so I tried to bring my eating habits back.

"Oh come on! It'll be fun." She got up right after me. She went to the kitchen and sat at the counter, scrolling through whatever it was on her phone. "Plus, you'll finally be able to be around Sam again!" I froze as blush began to creep up my face.
Kris started giggling, covering her mouth. I turned around and walked over to slap her upside her head. "Stop it! You know I have no chance of being in a relationship with him." I sat down next to her, opening a bag of frito's barbecue twists. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through instagram reels.

Kris reached in for some and continued speaking. "You dont know that, Mills." It was quiet for at least a few minutes, before Kris added on. "How about I add you to the group chat? Maybe you cpuld message him from there, or maybe just message him.. privately." She winked at me as I blushed again, i shoved her playfully.

"Fine, go ahead." She picked up her phone and opened up messages. A few seconds passed before I gotten a ding from my phone. I picked it up and started messaging.

---- ~ ----

couple a' weirdos

krissy|
here's my plus 1 guys

silly|
hiii

colbs|
yoo welcome 🙏🏻

bbyy|
oh heyy :))

silly|
hi celinaa!! 😧❤️

sammy|
heyy. welcomeee 😄

silly|
okay, question.
why the hell are you guys doing haunted shit for a living?

colbs|
why do you wanna know? 🤨

sammy|
idk, we liked it i guess. 🙃

colbs|
damn it sam 😐

krissy|
LMAOO sam was not with the program 😭

bbyy|
he never is 😆😆

silly|
colby you need to stfu.
sam, ty for answering me. :)

sammy|
yeah no problem 😎
idk why he wouldnt answer it
its a simple question tbh 😭

|colbs replied to silly
colbs|
come on man. i tried to be funny 🙄

bbyy|
did it work though?

krissy|
it in fact, did not.

silly|
im not really good with group chats
what do i even do 🧍🏻‍♀️

colbs|
well just say what you want i guess?
idk.
group chats are random 😀

krissy|
he's right
they are random
😶

silly|
well ima go do my own thing..
ill talk to you guys laterr :)

bbyy|
bye milliee! ❤️

colbs|
bye ig 😐

sammy|
cya millie 😌

(im not good at making these group chat things 😭)

---- ~ ----

If you couldnt tell, im not good at group chats. I never really was. I dont talk to people at all outside of my friends that i talk to, so i never really got used to it.

"When are we going to this.. 'Winchester' place?" I asked, getting up to stretch. I walked to the trash can to throw away the bag of chips i ate.

"Oh. We leave on Friday." she responded. I looked at my phone checking what day it is.

Wednesday.

"Okay, I'll get everything ready now then." I said, heading towards my room.