Chapter 17 - Torture

Mature content ahead. Read at your  own risk. Mention of blood.

NOLA POV

I was in a dark room. My hands and legs were tied up with handcuffs.
I was sitting in an electric shock chair. I tried to move and turn my head when I realized that even my neck was tied up by shackles.

I shouted for help. But the only thing I heard was my voice again. It seemed like there was no one else there with me.

Suddenly the door opened revealing someone. He seemed familiar. He peeked in along with a lady.

Then I suddenly realized that it's
Dr. Hennon. I remember him very clearly. Then the lady became clear to my sight.
One of the people I hate a lot. The reason for this pathetic state of mine. My aunt who hates to a point she wouldn't have minded my uncle killing me.

But where am I? Why am I tied up? Who tied me up? Did they? But what do they want now?

My brain was going crazy with all these questions on my mind.
I was going crazy. But no, I can't let that happen. I can't become crazy. That's my phobia. I am scared. Scared of becoming crazy. Scared of being a mentally challenged.

I closed my eyes in frustration because I wasn't feeling well. My head is aching as if someone is continuously hitting me with a boulder.

Then I hear a noise near me. I didn't even have the strength in my body to look up. Then I felt someone touching my chin and raising my face up. I slowly, with difficulty, open my eyes.

I see Dr. Hennon In front of me examining my face with a smirk on his face. But why is he smirking? I don't know.

I try my best to shake off his hand. But I was too weak and he was extremely strong. I tried to protest. But the nauseous feeling in my body wasn't helping my brain or my body.
Then I felt a painful pang on my left cheek. I feel the metallic taste of my own blood. Then I realized my lips were bleeding.
I slightly raised to see my aunt with an ugly look on her face. She slapped me. But why? I did nothing to her. She was always like this. Why did life have to be so unfair? My cheek was burning.
But my heart was burning even harder. The only thing I wanted at that moment was to hide. Hide in a safe place.

I wanted to hide in my dad's embrace. I wanted my dad to wrap his hand around me and hide me from this cruel world.
I wanted my mother to kiss my head and assure me with her sweet words.

Tears were streaming down my face. But I couldn't even raise my hands and wipe off my vulnerability.
They started beating me harshly. I was crying in pain. I couldn't do anything. I was a weakling. Too weak to even fight for myself.

'Let's put her in the psychiatric ward. That's where she belongs. Let's put her there.'
'I can do that easily. After all, I'm a doctor. It's easy for me to do it. I'll create the reports. I don't even have to lie in it as she is already crazy.'

He let out an ugly laugh which echoed throughout the room.

'No, please don't. I'll do anything you want me to do. Please don't. Beat me however you want. But please don't put me there. I'm scared. Please. I beg you'

'SHUT UP! SHUT YOUR TRAMP UP WILL YOU?' She held my hair from the back tightly pulling it with force and an agonizing scream left mouth.

'YOU SHOULD'VE DIED WITH YOUR DAMNED PARENTS. BUT YOU DIDN'T. SO NOW I'LL KILL YOU'

'No ... .please…no....please.'

"PLEASE"

I woke up with a jolt, my whole body sweating badly. My heart thudded as if I had just ran a marathon. I held my head in my palms and some tears left my eyes. I felt uneasy. My body felt weird.

That was when I acknowledged where I was. It was a room. An unknown room. My eyes diverted to the figure laying on the couch.

Indy?

Then this is Indy's room? How did I end up here? I saw the clock, it struck 5.

I tried to recall what happened when I felt something wet on my nose.
I searched around the room and found a small door. That must be the bathroom. I moved to the edge of the bed and moved my legs to the floor.

It was very cold as I was not wearing my socks. I tried to stand up when I felt my head heavy. I sat back down and took some deep breaths and again stood up slowly with the support of the head board. I walked slowly towards the bathroom.

I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself.
My nose was bleeding and it covered the outline of my upper lip. I quickly washed it off and cleaned the blood.

I saw how puffy my eyes were and remembered the disturbing dream I had. I shook my head from remembering that.

I washed my face. The water was cold. But that's what is needed now. My head was still aching. I tried not to think about it. I walked back to the bed and sat on it.

I looked at Indy. She seemed uncomfortable on the couch. Why did she sleep there then? Whatever. But how did I end up here? I don't remember what happened after we got in the car. I hope I didn't get her in any trouble. I leaned my back on the head board and looked at the clock.

The clicking sound of the second hand was calming me a little. I pulled my knees to my chest and hugged my knees still looking towards the clock.
I didn't want to sleep. I usually don't sleep.

One, because my uncle never let me, because he was busy beating me up.

Two, Because I'm afraid of it. I'm afraid of my nightmares.

My mind has the capability of being dark and demented. It rules over my whole life. It created its own universe where I'm pathetic and feared everything.

The mind is a beautiful part of us. It shows us what our hearts want and what our brain commands. But when your mind is out of control, there is no getting it back. Nothing can cure a wounded soul. You can make the bleeding stop. But nothing can stop a scar. My mind is scarred to a point where I can never retrieve it back. It's too damaged to be fixed. Anyone who tries is going to fall into the same trap.

Is Indy falling into the trap?