Chapter 1

"Crowkit! Crowkit! Come play!" Crowkit's sister, Darkkit, squealed, before being knocked over by their brother, Shadowkit. Crowkit shook moss from his fur and stumbled out of the nursery. A blur of black pounced at him.
"Got you!" Darkkit purred.
Crowkit batted her with a tiny paw. She shook her head before grabbing him with her claws and rolling him across the ground. Mud filled Crowkit's screaming mouth as he tumbled across the clearing. He came to a sudden stop as he hit something soft. He looked up, coughing mud from his mouth. His father, Blackstar looked down at him, a stern expression on his face.
"What are you doing Crowkit?" He questioned.
Crowkit sat up, still coughing up some mud.
"Darkkit did it!" He wailed.
Blackstar rolled his amber eyes and began to trod to the nursery, where Darkkit and Shadowkit were still tussling. Crowkit was proud that his father was the brave leader of his clan, but he was cold and rather distant from Crowkit.

"It's not my fault he's so small and tossable!" Darkkit protested.
Blackstar had scolded her for how she treated Crowkit. He glared at Darkkit. After a while of protesting, the kit realised that her excuses weren't doing anything and retreated into the nursery, head down. Blackstar stood up and turned to go to his den without saying a word. Crowkit watched his father leave him on his own.
"Crowkit! Why did you have to tell on me?" Darkkit hissed from the nursery, Shadowkit by her side.
"I-"
Crowkit could barely make out a word before his siblings disappeared beneath their mother, Silverstripe's, fur. He stormed off and hid himself behind the apprentice's den.

"What are you doing back there?"
A voice woke Crowkit up. Had he fallen asleep behind the apprentice's den? A ginger face crowded his vision, making him jump.
"Your mother's been looking for you!" The face said.
"Foxpaw! Have you found him?" Another voice asked.
"Yep! He's behind our den!" Foxpaw replied.
A grey apprentice poked his head behind the apprentice's den.
"Hey little guy! We're gonna get you out!" He promised, reaching his neck in further.
Crowkit backed away from the apprentice and his huge size.
"I'm not gonna hurt you little one," he whispered, grabbing Crowkit by the scruff of his neck. He felt as if he were flying as he was lifted from the ground. He was soon placed on the ground infront of his wide-eyed mother.
"Where have you been?" She questioned, licking his scruffy fur.
"He was behind the apprentice's den," Foxpaw replied, answering for Crowkit.
"Silly Crowkit!" Darkkit teased, bounding out of the nursery, Shadowkit right behind her.
Crowkit looked to the ground with embarrassment. He had caused an issue out of nothing.