Chapter 1: Serendipitous Encounter

The sun was beginning its descent over the iconic skyline of New York City, casting a warm golden hue over the bustling streets below. Manik Malhotra strode purposefully down the sidewalk, his dark hair ruffled by the wind, his thoughts consumed by the latest architectural project he was overseeing. The city's constant energy was both invigorating and overwhelming, and he revelled in the familiar rhythm of life in the city that never sleeps.

As he walked, Manik's eyes were fixed on his phone, thumbing through emails and making mental notes, his mind absorbed in the intricate details of his work. Lost in thought, he barely noticed the world around him until, suddenly, he collided with something—or rather, someone.

Manik's Outfit:

The collision was soft but jolted him out of his reverie

The collision was soft but jolted him out of his reverie. Manik stumbled back slightly, his phone slipping from his hand and falling to the ground. He looked up, his gaze meeting a pair of expressive, startled eyes. Standing before him was Nandini Kapoor, her features a mix of surprise and annoyance.

Nandini's Outfit:

"I'm so sorry!" Manik exclaimed, his voice a mixture of apology and surprise as he quickly bent to retrieve his fallen phone

Nandini's annoyance seemed to dissipate as she took in Manik's sincere expression. "No harm done," she replied, a small smile playing at the corner of her lips.

The moment stretched between them, a fleeting connection that neither of them fully grasped. Manik was struck by Nandini's beauty—her dark, cascading hair framed a face that held a certain elegance and a hint of mystery. Nandini, in turn, couldn't help but notice the intensity in Manik's eyes, a glimpse of a world beyond the surface.

Their mutual silence was broken by a sudden burst of laughter from a nearby cafe. Nandini's attention shifted, and she glanced back in the direction of the laughter. "I should get going," she said reluctantly, tearing her gaze away from Manik.

Manik nodded, his thoughts momentarily scattered as he watched her walk away. He couldn't shake the feeling that their encounter was more than just a simple collision—it was as if fate had nudged them together.

As Nandini walked away, her heart raced. She chided herself for feeling such an odd flutter in her chest after such a brief interaction. She had a demanding job as an art curator at one of the city's premier galleries, and her mind was usually consumed with exhibitions, artists, and upcoming events. Yet, there was something about the encounter that left a lingering impression.

Little did they know that their paths were destined to cross again, their lives weaving together in ways neither could have anticipated. As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting the city in shades of twilight, Manik and Nandini continued on their separate journeys, unaware of the connection that had been sparked in the midst of the bustling streets of NYC.

And so began a tale of hidden glances, chance encounters, and the unspoken language of the heart—a tale that would unfold against the backdrop of New York's vibrant energy and the quiet whispers of love that echoed in its corners.

______________________________________

So I'm back with a new story (WHISPERS OF LOVE ft. Our very own MANAN). Do vote and comment. Your honest feedbacks are most welcome.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoyed it.

Do follow me and make sure to add the book to your library to receive notifications whenever there's an update.

Don't forget to vote and drop in your inline comments.

THANK YOU!!

~ Leha