03

"Hey, everything okay?" One of Taehyung's friends asked as he walked back inside.

"Everything okay?" Taehyung scoffed, "who asks that at a funeral?" He looked around the house, remembering all the memories he made with his best friend.

He could still see the lines on the doorway, marking how tall they both grew. Taehyung didn't only lose a best friend that day, he lost the brother he never had.

"Taehyung?" His own name rang in his ears, completely pulling back all the thoughts he had roaming around the house that was full of people, yet still felt so empty. 

He didn't respond. He turned his friend to meet his friend's eyes, "I know how much he meant to you," she softly said, "he meant a lot to all of us."

He was looking into her eyes, but it didn't at all feel like it. To her, it felt almost as if he was staring right through her.

She rested her head on his shoulder, and only then did he snap back to reality, but reality felt so surreal in that moment, so nostalgic.

"I miss those days, you know," her hair was touching his neck, it smelled like lavender, "when we'd all go out together after school. We'd study at the nearest café and then go to the arcade or movies," her smile was sincere, yet so sad.

He felt his lips curl into a smile, "yeah," he straightened his back, her head still on his shoulder, "remember when we went to the amusement park?" He laughed.

"He was too scared to get on the rollercoaster!" She lifted her head from his shoulder, laugh as loud as his, "remember the photos we got from that ride?"

Taehyung nodded, laugh lightly fading away into nothingness. He looked into her eyes, the eyes he once saw everything in.

The eyes of his very first love.