Chapter 12: The True Monster

——————————☃️——————————

Meanwhile, Hans and his men had arrived at Elias' palace. Hans hopped off his horse and addressed the other men.

"We are here to find Princess Anna and Miss (Y/n). Be on guard, but no harm is to come to the King. Understand?"

The other volunteers nodded, except for the Duke's men who shared a glance.

Hans started walking towards the palace steps, when a pile of snow beside the steps suddenly moved. It was Marshmallow. He stood up and roared at Hans who drew his sword.

He swiped at him, but Hans managed to duck. The other men threw spears and fired crossbows, which landed in Marshmallows's arm.

He roared again, ice spikes appearing from his back, and hands and mouth. He swiped again, hitting the Duke's men into some snow.

They looked up, and caught a glimpse of Elias closing the doors to the palace.

"The King!"

They grabbed their crossbows and sneaked past Marshmallow, rubbing up the stairs. They burst through the doors, and spotted Elias running up another set of stairs.

"Up there!"

"Come on!"

...

Elias ran into the room with his balcony and the thugs followed him in, cornering him.

"We've got him."

"No, please." Elias begged.

One of them lifted their crossbow and fired. Elias raised his hand, creating an ice spike that blocked the arrow.

"Go around!"

"Toss it!"

"Stay away!" Elias warned, firing more magic at them.

The two men ducked and dodged the spikes, and kept trying to shoot him.

"Fire!"

"Get him!"

Elias fired at one thug, creating spikes that pinned him to the wall, with one at his neck.

The other went to shoot him, but Elias blasted the crossbow out of his hand. He created two ice walls around him, and pushed another piece of ice towards him, trapping him against the doors to his balcony.

Elias kept pushing the ice, until the doors broke and fell, breaking the balcony railing and pushing the man closer to the edge.

Hans and his soldiers managed to get past Marshmallow, and had entered the room.

"King Elias! Don't be the monster they fear you are!" Hans yelled.

Elias looked back at him and paused.

While he was distracted, the thug pinned to the wall raised his crossbow and went to fire it at Elias. Hans saw him, and rushed over, grabbing his arm and raising it upwards.