25

Seeing Viktor wrapped around Raelynn set his skin on fire.

Viktor got to experience his baby's development first. He took yet another thing from him.

Maksim only held back from throwing him against a wall because Raelynn needed him, and because he didn't want to alert employees.

After suffocating his urge to send Viktor to a hospital, he led Raelynn into an empty room and held her. The tears she spilled onto his shirt did nothing to exhaust his roaring fury.

He was so angry. Angry at Viktor, at Raelynn, at himself, at the world.

Raelynn assumed the worst of him, and he assumed the worst of her. They let their insecurities eat away at what they had, and now it was unrecognizable.

Even after learning the letter was pretense, he still felt like a fool. He should have known better. That way, he wouldn't have lost six months with his baby; with Raelynn.

"Relax," he whispered to her, lowering his forehead to hers because he knew that always brought her some kind of peace. "Tell me what happened. I will take care of it."

"I just– I feel alone."

If things were different, he would've kissed her. He would've shown her that she wasn't alone as long as he was still breathing.

He couldn't.

There was a huge gap between them. He could caress her belly, help her to the toilet, burn anyone that threatened her, but he couldn't. He was stuck between angst and guilt.

He couldn't enjoy her body– not when he failed to protect her from himself.

"I'm sorry," Raelynn sniffled. "I should go." She pulled away and wiped her tears.

"I told you that I would leave you be, but I can't have you running around in distress. I need to know if someone is bothering you."

"It's not like that. I just lost a friend."

He raised his head.

"You can't fire them. You said you wouldn't."

He scowled. "Fine. Go to your therapy. By the way, I'm changing your–"

"No. I like the person I speak with. I don't want to see anyone else."

"But there are better professionals in the city."

"I don't want a new one."

He gritted his teeth. If her womb was empty, and they didn't have so much emotional baggage, she would be on hands and knees, getting screwed into submission.

"Do you have your cellphone?"

She nodded.

"Good. Go downstairs. The car is ready."

Her eyes dropped to his chest, where his shirt was still ruined. She ran a hand across the dampness, as if to wipe it away, and he felt the strokes right on his cock.

That part of him didn't seem to understand the word "no." It wanted Raelynn– whether they were together or not, whether she was pregnant or not.

He gripped her hand to stop her. He didn't want to risk coming in his pants and having to walk around his employees while wearing his shame.

Raelynn pulled away and walked to the door. She grabbed the doorknob and paused. With the cutest big eyes and lowered head, she whispered "thank you."

He took a step forward and reached for her, but she didn't see and walked out the door.