King's Origin Story

Angst 🖤

This is an AU, so sorry if certain parts don't make too much sense cannonically

TW: mentions of weaponry, blood, and death

________________________________________________________________________________

A giant clawed hand lifts a baby titan out of its resting place, which is within a barricade of several mini boulders. 

"Aww isn't he precious?" A very gravelly voice replies with, 

"I suppose he's cute, but don't forget about our fate darling, he's more dangerous than he appears." With a very even tone, the one holding the baby says,

 "Come on, he's just a baby, babies can't hurt anyone. Isn't that right my little devil?" she coos and uses her long nail to scratch his chin.

The baby titan giggled. 

Neither of the parents had come up with a name for their new born son, but for completely different reasons. 

His mother hadn't found the right name yet for her precious son, while his father refuses to name him because of the supposed fate.

Then one day, everything changed. 

The baby titan, who his parents compromised on naming "One", was walking with his parents, on the perimeter of Hexside, when a group of guards approach the family of titans.

"Halt! What are you doing on witches property?" All three titans stop in their tracks, they've walked outside of Hexside before without any problems, young witches have even approached them with various levels of bravery. Why are they getting in trouble this time?

The guard in the front of the formation walked over to the mother titan, with a spear in his hand and aims right for the center of the head between her two horns. Fortunately, he misses and she grabs One by the scruff of his neck and dashes away from the magic school, down a hill.

All the guards are chasing the mother and baby, and the father, defensively bites the guard furthest back and sent him tumbling down the hill. That was just one guard, he had many left to attack. 

After awhile the guards caught up with the two titans, since the mother's legs were very sore and she couldn't go any further. The same guard with the spear, attacks the mother again only this time, she has no defenses, she is stabbed, the little strength she had left was gone, blood was dripping down her head, One who was laying in a small gap between his mothers arms and her chest, was getting blood dripped all over him. He began to cry.

The guards stood there, in disbelief, they had actually murdered a titan. The father was running as fast as the speed of lightning, until he saw his wife, who he had lost to the guards, and his son with a horrible fate, trembling out of fear.

"Is this what the fate means? Is he the reason why his mother and my precious wife died?" he asked himself a lot of those questions. After some thought he decided that he needed to leave One somewhere, somewhere no one would he in danger.

The father grabbed One by the scruff of his neck, leaving the dead titan with the guards. He carries his son for what seems like miles. Along the way he goes to a creek to clean the blood off of One.

Eventually the two titans reach an odd looking house, it was night time now, the father couldn't really see what the house looked like, but there appeared to be several owls, including a worm like owl which was quite peculiar, and right below the strange owl, there was a doorstep.

He slowly lifted a sleeping One down onto the step and wrote in the dirt patch to the right of the step, Please protect our King, he's got a terrible fate. He then looked at the house one last time and walked away into the dark dark night.

________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, Eda the Owl Lady was woken up by Hooty's loud rambling, but this time was slightly different, something about a demon? On her doorstep? This is something she has got to see. She opens up the door, not entirely believing the worm-like owl since he has a tendency to exaggerate, and it turns out that Hooty was not exaggerating this time.

The baby demon was still sound asleep when Eda picked him up and looked to the right and saw  the message, only some of it faded so now the Owl Lady read, protect King, fate. She studies the last part of the message, slightly confused but doesn't question it too much.

She walks back to the house and sets the baby demon on the couch. Eda whispers, 

"Welcome King" and walks to the other room for her daily elixir. 

A little while later, King wakes up on the couch, confused and scared. He searches for his parents, they aren't there, just a lady with an elixir in her hand and a terrifying looking owl at the door. He begins to panic, and lets out a small screech.

"What's wrong hoot hoot?" Hooty asks, with some genuine concern.

King just sits there for a moment, petrified and then trembles, 

"Where am I? Where is my family? Who who are you?"  he starts crying again, harder than the day before with the guards.

Eda walks back at that moment.

"You're at the Owl House! I'm Edalyn Clawthorne, but most people just call me the Owl Lady, or Eda the Owl Lady and that's-"

"AND I'M HOOTY!! THE BEST OWL YOU'LL EVER MEET HOOT HOOT!!"

King looks up at Eda, 

"But where is my family?" Eda ponders for a moment

"Well, I don't know who your family is, and I don't know where they are but we're your family, right Hooty?"

"That's right Owl Lady!" 

________________________________________________________________________________

Time Skip since I don't really know what else to add to keep the story forward

________________________________________________________________________________

For the past eight years, after Eda found King on her doorstep, they've been nearly inseparable. Eda was selling items from the Human Realm with her questionable methods, King being her sidekick. Eda had earned herself a lot of wanted posters, and King is the reason Eda never truly gotten caught. King was a distraction to the guards with his cuteness and charm.

Life was good, but pretty much the same every day with the exception of the Wanted Posters, those somehow remained to have different causes each time. 

That is until Luz Noceda showed up from the Human Realm...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this story! Feel free to leave suggestions for other one shots! 

Love y'all,

Lil Gremlin