03. fuck what I'm dreaming, this fame has no meaning

Inspired by "TIMEZONE - Måneskin"

Jisung could only stare in awe. At his phone. He was on a call with his boyfriend. The sun in Korea was setting and gently warming Minho's face and illuminated his pretty face in a warm, yellow light. The way he was wrapped up in a blanket, his hair all messy and ruffled made Jisung smile warmly. Jisung wanted nothing more but to hug and cuddle him. If it wasn't for the fucking seven-thousand miles that kept the two apart, Jisung would.

The younger just sat there. It was 7 am for him, he just got up to call his boyfriend who would go to bed soon. A relationship under circumstances like these was hard, but they loved each other too much to break up. It hurt them both, but it was still worth trying.
Jisung would often curse himself, as he was the one who brought them in this situation.
It was his dream that kept them apart. He called himself egoistic too many times, even though Minho always reassured him that he wasn't.

His boyfriend's voice rang through his earphones. He was humming light-heartedly and it brought Jisung back to reality.

"Ji? Did you even listen?", Minho chuckled through the phone.

"No.. I'm sorry, I got distracted."

"Are you blaming yourself again?"

Fuck. Jisung really forgot how well Minho learned to read him.

"Yes.."

"Oh, come on! I've told you a million times it's not your fault. I agreed to this too."

"I know! It's just.. If I hadn't be this selfish, you wouldn't sit alone in our apartment- I wouldn't be sitting here alone in this stupid hotel."

"Don't call yourself selfish for following your dream, Ji."

"Fuck what I was dreaming, honestly."

"Don't say that, you wanted to become a famous guitarist since you first picked up that electric guitar. You were nine back then", Minho laughed through the phone. He went on:
"Remember when you asked me out on our first date back then? I asked you to tell me about yourself. The first thing you told me was that 'selfish' dream of yours." He smiled fondly at the memory, air-quoting the word selfish.

"I didn't know- no, realize the consequences back then. How would I know that this would mean staying apart all the time? How could I enjoy the gigs when you're not watching?", Jisung cried.

"I may not be here with you physically, but I'm here whenever we can call. I think of you all the time", Minho confessed.

Jisung's cheeks became hot.

"Jisung-ah, are you blushing?", Minho asked, face now closer to the camera, wiggling his eyebrows teasingly.

"I lovee youuu", Minho continued and Jisung's cheeks just reddened even more.
Silence.

"Oh, come on! Say it back!", the older whined, dragging out the 'back'.

"Okay, dumbass, I love you too."

Minho smiled.

It became silent again, but it was a lot more comfortable than before. Minho was glad that Jisung finally started to speak his mind about what bothered him. He had noticed his mental absence ever since the beginning of their call, he just didn't want to force him to speak about it. It became a usual thing during their calls, that Jisung would randomly start to cry or confess his undying love for Minho and how much he missed him.

Minho missed Jisung just as much. No matter how much he defended his lovers dream, he can't help but miss his boyfriend too. He would love to have him home, physically, cuddle and kiss.

But Minho knew very well about Jisung's dream to become a famous guitarist and singer. And now, that he got an opportunity, he couldn't bring himself to deny him that.

"I got another plane tomorrow", Jisung spoke up.

"Oh, I know, it's that festival gig you told me about."

"I'm not gonna take it."

Minho's jaw dropped. What was his boyfriend saying?

"I'm gonna fly straight to you, I don't care if it's expensive and if it's ruining everything. I'm coming home", he spoke.

"You can't just decide that so spontaneously. I mean I would love to have you home! But what about the festival-gig tomorrow?", Minho tried to argument, but he knew how stubborn his lover could be.

"I don't give a shit about them."

Silence.

Minho hesitatingly asked: "Are you really coming home?"

"Yes."

"You're so stupid", Minho mumbled, close to tears.

"Huh? You got someone else already?", Jisung jokingly asked and Minho rolled his eyes.

"Of course not, stupid. It's just- I had a surprise for you."

Jisung's eyes lit up.

"A surprise? What is it?"

Minho sighed. It was the perfect opportunity to just tell him.

"I bought tickets for the festival you were gonna play at tomorrow", the older confessed.

"You- Huh? What? You're.. here tomorrow?", Jisung asked, not believing what he heard.
"Yes."

"Oh my god, I love you so much!" Jisung screeched. He quickly stood up and hugged his phone."I love you, I love you soooo much!"

Minho hugged the phone back.

"I love you too", he whispered.

"You know, I'll never get tired of hearing that from you?", Jisung smiled.

Now it was Minho's turn to blush.

"And I'll never get tired of telling you", the older sniffled.

"Min? Are you crying?"

"No!"

"Yes you are!"

"Fine, I am! So will you at least show up tomorrow for me?", the older asked.

"Of course! I'm gonna dress and play and sing so well!", Jisung exclaimed happily.

"I can finally hug you again!", Minho smiled.
Jisung smiled too as he imagined kissing his boyfriend again.

"I have to go now though.. I have a flight to catch",  Minho grinned.

"Alright Min, you better not miss it", Jisung warned him.

"As If I would dare to. I miss you so much."

"I do too, can't wait to finally see you again tomorrow."