Places

Aramore: A port city located on the western shore of the Yuriana Empire, and the city the twins escape to.

The Elvarn Waste: A large desert in the northeast part of the continent. Alec believes Marcus' See-Far gem came from this area. It is a sort of "no man's land," not claimed by any one country or empire, mainly because it is so expansive and there aren't many valuable resources there. Some countries/empires may claim some resources, but not the land. It is a favorite place of outlaws and people looking to "disappear." 

Famous Last Words: The bookshop owned by Marcus Oliveira, and where the twins live and work. It is not an ordinary bookshop, however, as Marcus also sells rare books of questionable origins and topics.

The Forest Empire: From the canon storyline. Unlike in canon, it is currently ruled by Emperor Winston Forest, but Edward Forest is leading a resistance against Winston and a civil war has just begun. The Forest Empire is only briefly mentioned and has no role in the story.

Isteris: A large island country located southwest of the continent. It is ruled jointly by four queens who are descended from four chieftains. These chieftains ruled four separate groups of people, but they were united after the appearance of the Voyager, an otherworldly being who taught them peace (see section on creatures). The Isterisians regard him as a wise teacher important to their identity as a country, but they do not worship him.

Isteris is a matriarchal culture with a strong warrior tradition for both men and women, and they are the only country in the world to have an aerial army. While they are not a powerful country, they are viewed with fear. They went to war with the kingdom of Lurga a hundred years ago, and Lurga's navy suddenly vanished without a trace during the war. No one knows how this happened, but some think the four queens had something to do with it.

Ottorea Region: A place in the south part of the Yuriana Empire. It is rural but also a major agricultural area. When the twins create their new (fake) identities, they claim to be from this region.

Ribanach Prison: A maximum security prison meant for the Yuriana Empire's worst criminals. It is so secure that no prisoner has ever escaped, or so we think.

Risorma: A country famous for creating high-quality swords. Arien gives Arjen a sword from Risorma for his 18th birthday. The Yuriana knights also use these swords.