Ch. 1: Photo Shoot

"Stacy! We have to go!"

I exhale as I stand, grabbing my suitcase before looking in the mirror. My hand reaches up to fix my bangs, a sigh escaping me as I look at my appearance. Crystal blue eyes stare back, unfeeling and numb.

The door bangs open, an angry face with matching brown eyes stare back at me. Hands on her hips, my agent huffs while gesturing around us.

"Do you have everything?" At my nod, Vivian huffs before snapping her fingers. "Then let's go! We have a plane to catch!"

I exhale, grabbing the suitcase and my carryon before following her out the door. We walk towards the elevator, Vivian's cellphone immediately ringing as we pass the other hotel rooms.

"Yes...mhmm....we're on our way now. The plane takes off at three and we should land before midnight...yes..."

I tone out the one sided conversation, the monotony getting to me. It's always the same, catch a plane, do a gig, meet a few people, and repeat.

"Okay...alright...bye..." Vivian hangs up, shutting her cellphone before sticking it into her purse. "That was the producers for your next job..."

I nod, watching as she pushes the button for the elevator. She sighs as it immediately opens, empty of everything but a mirror on the back wall and the bars under it. I avoid my face, keeping my eyes down as the doors shut behind us.

"Right after we land, we'll head straight to the hotel. There we'll freshen up, eat, and then immediately head to the photo shoot..."

"Why so fast?"

"The bosses gave a last minute time crunch...it's either this or they boot you all together and we don't want that."

I look up at Vivian, my free hand subconsciously moving to my mouth. I bite my nails a little before sighing, looking down at the floor.

"What if We do want that?"

I see Vivian's head snap to me, her mouth hanging open in shock. I exhale, trying to explain with out stuttering over my words.

"I-I just....I miss my family...my friends....the normal life...Hell...I even miss school!"

Vivian turns me to look at her, exhaling as she tries to find the words. Our eyes meet as she offers me a small smile.

"Stacy...I know you miss them, but you wanted this life! You can't just ignore it and run back home..."

"Why not?"

"Because. Your rising fast! People are starting to recognize your face, which means more opportunities in the long run! You can't throw that all away now..."

"I don't want to...I just..."

The doors open, business men and travelers moving onto the elevator as Vivian drags me off. I huff, pushing my feelings back down as we move to the check out desk.

——

"Okay...we have about two hours before we have to be at the shoot..."

I drop my bags onto the bed, my face neutral as Vivian does the same with her things. She takes off her gloves and shoes, moving towards the living room area while calling behind her.

"I'm gonna order room service, what do you want?"

"I don't care...whatever is fine..."

I plop down, not looking up as she sighs. I see her nod out of the corner of my eye before she moves to leave. I eye the phone on the bedside table, deciding to do what I haven't been able to do yet today.