Nuntius Novus (New Message)

September 20XX (11:00 pm)

XXX-XXX-XXXX : It was worth my while. Thx, Kohaku Kitten.

It's now been a solid 10 minutes since I received Dabi's message, and I still cannot find the words to express my excitement without sounding like a giddy and overly hormonal teenager. I've reread the message dozens of times, reading it in his gravelly voice, a tinge of smugness woven into each word. Each re-read makes my face grow hotter and hotter as I imagine him calling me "Kohaku Kitten," to my face.

Such a dumb nickname.

But it sounds so pretty rolling off his tongue.

I'll allow it.

"Back to the matter at hand. How should I reply? I don't want to come off sounding too eager, it might scare him off," I think to myself consciously.

Who're you kidding, Haku?

If you could scare him off, you certainly would've done it already by sharing your blood-drinking habits.

Saying that alone gets most people to turn their noses in the opposite direction.

But not him.

"Oh, that's right, I told him about the Plasma Packs I was carrying," I recall to myself. He said it was gross, but other than that and the cute scrunch of his nose, he had no other reaction.

Wasn't he smiling at me while I was drinking?

What was he thinking?

My face flushes red at the possibility of what Dabi thought of me as I sucked down on my plasma pack. "Maybe it's best I try not to speculate what he thought about me at that moment," I think to myself as I look back at my phone, my thumbs hovering over the keyboard, trying to craft the perfect response.

"Alright Haku, don't think about it too much! Just be cool, and be casual..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Haku: Thank you for returning my wallet! I hope we get to see each other again! I had lots of fun hanging out with you. ٩(*•͈ ꇴ •͈*)و ̑̑❀ wwwwwwwww~

Sent.

Hopefully, I didn't come off too strong.

Maybe I overdid it with the emoji...