The Elusive Insect

After Traveling To Whiterun, Kohn Hitched His Horse At Tormod's House In The City Before He Knocked On The Norse Mercenary's Door.

After A Moment Of Silence, Kohn Went To Knock Again When Suddenly Tormod Opened The Door And Looked At The Demigod.

Kohn Said "Tormod, I Need Something." As The Mercenary Said "I Don't Have Another Job For You Yet, Friend." The Demigod Said "Forget About The Job, I Need Something Else." 

The Norse Mercenary Said "What?"

The Demigod Said "I Need Four Focusing Crystals And A Conduit Gem." Tormod Said "The Hell You Need That Stuff For?" As Kohn Said "A Friend Of Mine Wants Them For A Spell. Can You Get It Or Not?"

As Tormod Said "I Can...But It'll Cost." Kohn Said "What Do You Need?" The Norse Mercenary Said "Right Now, There's Market For Chaurus. I Hear There's Some In The Swamps By Solitude. I've Seen You Fight, We Can Take One Down And Get Our Money's Worth."

Kohn Said "Okay...And You Can Find These Items?" As Tormod Said "Yes, I'll Find Your Jewelry." The Demigod Said "Okay, When Do We Leave?" 

Tormod Said "Let Me Get My Crossbow." Before He Shut The Door While Kohn Waited For A Good Minute Or Two. 

Suddenly, He Came Back Out And Said "Let's Go Find The Elusive Insect."

The Duo Then Left The House And Mounted Kohn's Horse Before They Rode To The Last Known Location Of The Chaurus Tormod Heard About.

During The Ride, Tormod Said "So, You Never Answered My Question." Before Kohn Sighed And Said "What?" The Norse Mercenary Said "Did You Fight In The Civil War?"

A Moment Of Silence Passed Before Kohn Said "Yeah, I Did...I Fought For The Imperial Legion Against The Stormcloaks. Banning The Worship Of Talos Was Wrong, But The Empire Did It To Prevent A War With The Thalmor...And One Day They Will Get What's Coming, But That Day Is Not Today."

A Brief Silence Filled The Air Before Tormod Said "I Understand. Sometimes To Save Lives, You Have To Do Something That Hurts Like Hell."

Kohn Said "I Know That...But The Thalmor Had No Right To Ban Talos In The First Place. To Think A Man Could Not Become A God. I Was A Mortal Once, And I Faced Near-Impossible Trials To Become A Demigod."

Tormod Said "You Were Once Man?" Before The Demigod Said "Once. Long Ago Now. I Left This Realm And Traveled To Another. Everything Was Different There, I'll Tell You That Tale Some Time...But Right Now We've Got An Insect To Catch."

The Norse Mercenary And The Demigod Continued The Journey To The Swamps Right By The Solitude City Before They Dismounted Their Horses And Collected Their Gear.

As Tormod Collected His Crossbow, Kohn Grabbed His Nordic Battleaxe And Said "Let's Go." The Duo Then Ventured Into The Swamps And Began Their Search For The Chaurus.

Sometime During The Search, Tormod Said "You Ever Catch One Of These Before?" As Kohn Said "Not Really, You?" 

The Norse Mercenary Said "Not Enough To Care About Counting Kills. I've Killed Maybe At Least Five Of These Bastards During My Time Here. If There's A High Enough Demand For Something, I'll Hunt It."

After Searching The Area, Tormod Turned To The Demigod And Said "I Think It May Be Best If We Split Up And Look." Kohn Said "That Might Do Us Some Good." 

Before The Norse Mercenary Said "Okay. I'll Check This Side Of The Swamp, You Check The Other Side And We'll Meet Back Here In One Hour If We Don't Find This Bastard."

As Tormod Went Searching His Side Of The Swamp, Kohn Searched The Other Side. Examining The Mud And The Trees, Just Waiting For Something To Jump Out And Meet His Axe.

Upon Spending Nearly Half An Hour In The Swamps, Kohn Began Heading Back Before He Heard Tormod Yell Out. 

The Demigod Ran At Incredible Speed Before He Found Tormod Being Chased By The Chaurus Whilst Shooting It With His Crossbow.

Kohn Shot A Pulse Of Lightning Out Of His Hand Before He Began Attacking The Insect With His Battleaxe While Tormod Continued Shooting At It With His Crossbow.

The Chaurus Clacked As Kohn Pushed His Axe Into The Insect's Neck And Electrified The Axe With His Hand As The Beast's Insides Were Electrocuted.

As The Two Hunters Looked At The Fallen Beast, Tormod Said "Next Time, You And Me Are Stickin' Together!" Kohn Sheathed His Battleaxe And Said "You Got Your Insect, Are You Gonna Get What I Need?"

Tormod Said "I'll Get 'Em. I Think I Know A Dealer In Riften. Come See Me In A Day Or So." Kohn Said "You Need Help With The Bug?" 

As The Mercenary Said "Nah, My Client's Coming Here. Once I Get Paid, I'll Get My Horse And Go To Riften." Kohn Said "Alright, I'll Come By Soon."

The Demigod Mounted His Horse And Rode To Riverwood For A Well-Earned Drink...