Book 1. Chapter 6

***

Warning: sex scenes

***

When Flora freaked out after Harriet had told her about her possible presence, she should have. It wasn't something Harriet would make up toscare her away. It was true. She could hide and stay unnoticed. But... Harriet wasn't aware of it either. She didn't tell her she was in Algeria.

After Alex and Flora had left, she knew it was time to do the same. She heard everything. She knew the King twins learned about her past. She hoped they wouldn't tell anyone else and took Harriet's warning seriously. She slid in her smoke form through the vent and got out in a few seconds. After leaving a few more blocks, she hid in a narrow space, so she could return back to her human form. 

She came out and no one suspected her presence. She walked back to her hotel room to pack her things. Her father was going to return in any minute with the tickets. They were going to Tripoli.

When she was prepared, she checked her phone.

I bought the tickets! We have enough time to go to a cafe.

Are you done? Don't stay too long!

Where are you?

The first two were from her father and the last one - from her boyfriend. 

She forgot how much time had passed. She was supposed to put the files, send a message to Harriet and make sure they're taken to the Bureau.

But she saw Flora asking Harriet about her and decided to take a glance at it. 

She had to shred no tear. She didn't want to make them worry about her. She was fine... Fine, but scared.

She heard familiar footsteps becoming louder until they stopped near the door. She went to see them.

"There you are!"

Her father entered first. He came to hug her. He was worried sick about her.

"Where have you been?"

He couldn't be mad at her. Her own father, Jonah Karam, a strict man, who wouldn't approve of his mentees' misdeeds, couldn't be mad at his sweet daughter for her shenanigans.

"I was bored." She smiled.

"Don't say you wanted to see Harriet's teammates."

"I only saw those two detectives you talked about."

Viktor joined. He was watching the cute moment with his arms crossed.

"The sister of the duo is very nosy!"

"What do you mean?"

"Well... somebody wanted to open Pandora's Bpx."

Both men realized what she meant and became concerned.

"Harriet handled it! She warned to stay silent if she wanted to mess with us!" she ensured them. "I wish I could scare her, but I would blow up the mission."

"You always seek trouble." Viktor smiled.

He kissed her on the forhead.

They prepared everything and left the hotel quickly as they finished their mission in Algeria. Their next quest was to catch Hassan. There was enough evidence to take him and put him in prison. It could have happened earlier if there hadn't been a little problem during the search in South Africa.

Jonah was aware of it. And he was worried about her safety. He had arrived in Algeria for two reasons: to give the files to Viktor and check if Tanya was doing well. Once they confirmed Hassan gave up on searching her, everyone was relieved.