Author's Notes

Hi readers, Namaste,

I was born and raised in Kerala, southern state of India. The emergence of the Corona virus put the urban life in Kerala at risk. So, resigning from my job in a publication company, with my family, I shifted to a remote hamlet in the Western Ghats of Karnataka, the neighboring state of Kerala. 

Since then, we've been living in a vast farmland in a lovely land of gorgeous hills, valleys, deep woods, rivers next to fierce reserved forest. Literally speaking, we live with rustic indigenous people and tribal laborers who hold intense cultural beliefs, down-to-earth lifestyle, mysterious stories, ancient wisdom and inexplicable experiences, which collectively paved the way for 'Invincible Naga.'

Naga is the Sanskrit word for 'snake.' In Hindu mythology, Nagas are divine, or semi-divine race depicted in three forms: as entirely human with snakes on the heads and necks, as common serpents, or as half-human and half-snake beings.  They are worshipped across India in sacred groves and temples. Naga possesses spiritual, superhuman and serpentine qualities and capabilities. Although they are potentially dangerous to humans, they often take the role of benevolent protagonists.

Nevertheless, the characters in 'Invincible Naga' are not Nagas but are highly influenced by the belief in or presence of Naga at the spiritual, emotional, and physical levels. The influence gradually becomes strongly enrooted and indestructible, particularly for Senan, the protagonist.

Thank you all for your support,

S Rani Vaishnavi