Jurassic Park: Chapter 2

Third Person POV

Inside a helicopter flying over the ocean was Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler, Mr. Hammond, John's lawyer, and Jason. Inside the helicopter was also a man with jet black hair and sunglasses who was chewing gum.

 Inside the helicopter was also a man with jet black hair and sunglasses who was chewing gum

The man was known as Dr. Ian Malcolm.

They were on their way to the island and during their trip Alan played with his Velociraptor claw fossil to which Dr Malcolm, who was chewing gum, decided to strike up a conversation.

Ian: "So you two, um, dig up dinosaurs?"

Ellie nervously laughed, feeling a bit awkward while Alan shrugged uncomfortably.

Ellie: "Well--"

Alan: "We try to."

Dr. Malcolm started laughing and snarling, making Jason cringe, covering his good eye.

Ian: "Must be quite the injury there kid. What happened?"

Jason looked up at him.

Jason: "Workplace incident with an animal."

Lawyer: "I still question why a 12-year-old boy would be working on an island with adults."

Jason: "I'm more dependable than you think, Donald."

Hammond then decided to apologize to Alan and Ellie, looking over at the two.

John: "You'll have to get used to Dr. Malcolm. He suffers from a deplorable access of personality, especially for a mathematician."

Ian: "Chaotician, actually. John doesn't subscribe to chaos, particularly what it has to say about his science project."

John: "Codswallop, Ian. You've never been able to sufficiently explain your concerns about the island."

Ian: "Oh, John, John. Because of the behavior of the system in phase space?"

John: "A load, if I may say so, a fashionable number crunching."

Ian then placed his hand on John's leg.

Ian: "Is not."

John swatted Ian's hand off his leg.

John: "I do wish you wouldn't do that."

Ian: "Dr. Sattler, Dr. Grant, you've heard of chaos theory?"

Ellie shook her head.

Ellie: "No."

Ian: "No? Nonlinear equations?"

Ellie shrugged.

Jason rubbed his head in annoyance and embarrassment.

Jason: 'Please God, get me off this helicopter so I can get away from this conversation.'